VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Post C&p Information Request

Rate this question

jalexand

Question

As I reported in another post a few days ago, I had my C&P exam on my AO IHD claim at the VARMC last week. At that time after answering the questions I was asked and providing the examiner with

copies of my latest test reports from my private cardiologist which showed diagnosis, mets, ejection fraction, etc. etc, and being asked to have the results of additional stress testing that I am scheduled for

next week be FAXED to the examining oficer I thought I had covered my bases. But..................apparently not!

Today I received what might be a normal letter on a claim (but new to me) asking me to provide additional information. I am a little stunned, to say the least. First thing they are asking for is:

"medical evidence that shows the diagnosis and earliest symtoms for each disabiity below that resulted from your exposure to herbicides (Agent Orange)

Ischemic Heart Disease"

"We need evidence showing that the following conditions(s) existed from militaty service to the present time:

Ischemic Heart Disease"

Well, to be truthful I have no evidence of the existence back to my military service because I did not have the onset of the disease until I was 37 and I retired at age 21. To make matters worse, all the records associated

with the onset of my disease at age 37 have been destroyed as my doctors office indicated to me that they only keep records 7 years. (I may have some records that go back almost that far, but have not been able to

locate them yet)

And as to the first request, I have no evidence other than what will become effective down the road with the initiation of the Presumptions that are forthcoming regarding the IHD and AO.

What really stuns me though is one of the things that comes next in this letter is:

"What have we received?"

Here they list the claim for benefits, VA FOrm 21-4142 (2), VA FOrm 21-256 (VONAPP). They make no mention of the medical evidence that I provided at my visit!

They follow this with "what have we done?" Here they list: VA Exam Cardiovascular Heart and Hypertension (if the C&P I had is supposed to be that, I'll eat my hat) and they go on to say: "We have requested

copies of treatment records or other evidence from: Dr. George B Bittar (my cardiologist) (again I state that I personally handed them these records, which now they don't even mention in this letter)

They also state that while they have asked for these records, it is up to ME to make sure they get them. I don't know what would be more effective than my having personally carried them to them, which as I say again

is not mentioned in this letter.

Then they state that they have asked the VA Medical facility nearest me to schedule me for an examination with the claim. They will notify me of the place and time. What would this be all about?

They have also included in this packet explanations on what I need to provide to prove the claim, etc., as well as a VCAA Notice Response that I am supposed to sign and return which gives me the option of

including the info now and asking to have my case decided immediately or ask for a 30 day extention of the time to respond.

So, I am totally confused about what is happening here. They give me a phone number to call if I want to contact them, should I try a phone call to see if I can get this cleared up?

I hope I can get some good advice on this, cause I don't know what to do at this point, especially regarding the evidence they are requesting.

Jim

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I didn't mean to suggest that there are not legitimate PTSD veterans out there. What I meant to indicate is that there are many that are not and those are the ones that clog the system and make it more difficult for those with legitimate claims to receive just and fair compensation without a fight with the VA. If you don't believe that there are many "trumped up" claims, then you are not living in the real world. I have a lot of Vietnam Vet friends and we talk among ourselves a lot. We know who those of us are that experienced a lot of trauma in Nam and we know who the guys are that came home after the war and put the war behind them and moved on with their lives, who the ones are that have legitimate problems and who the few are that have the attitude that they are owed a living because they served one tour in Nam. PTSD is obvioulsy the most abused because while you can't fake a bullet or schrapnel wound, you can fake PTSD and there are some that try in hopes that they will receive a pension check from the VA. This is not pretty, but it is reality!

Did know it came down to how long one was in country to get PTSD ? I'm sure there are many who have PTSD from there first day in.

Sgt

He doesn't owe me a thing-stillhere-I am not a vet with PTSD.

if he offended any PTSD veteran here he owes them an apology.As well as to the men and women who are fighting for us now-many of whom will get PTSD (or have it already)

I worked in a Vet Center and am part of the local veteran's community. I know there are wannabees.They are ,fortunately,few and far between and their claims almost always fail anyhow or VA catches up with them years later if they committed fraud to get their comp.

• HadIt.com Elder

All Members are reminded that Hadit is here to support Veterans with claims and problems that they have with VA and other Government. If someone is getting over on the VA its the VA's problem and if I ever see another post justifying the VA's poor administration of Veterans benefits with the excuse that they know someone who got over on VA I will puke.

PTSD is a very serious mental health issue and no one I know here is qualified to say who has it and who does not. I know some of the symptoms and if a Member says they have it I accept it as I don't know anyone who wants it.

The point I am trying to make is please do not try to justify what the VA does because of fakes. We worry about Veterans with claims and if someone is faking they have their own problems/

The VA is clogged up because the VA has done a piss poor job of working the claims and until they get serious and award claims in a timely manner it will continue to be so.

It takes so damn long to win a claim that most of the fakes give up and move on. Maybe that is the VA plan in first place. The problem with that approach is many of the legitimate claims are dropped also.

Sorry for my rant.

One more thing if I see anyone on this thread demean another member they will get a time out.

For the new people and even older members read the rules.

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I get the point and I do apologize to anyone I might have offended by my rant in my post. This was not the proper forum for me to make those comments, again I apologize.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

and, just try to remember the old song "Walk A Mile In My Shoes"- Before You Criticize and Abuse............Walk A Mile In My Shoes.

darn good song...........now I'll be hummin' it when I get up in the morning................ :smile: