VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Court Orders Ao Presumptive Rules To Be Published

Rate this question

SgtAFMOB

Question

The twitter site for www.vawatchdog.org announced an hour ago that The US Circuit Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued an order July the 15th that requires the VA Secretary to publish the new rule or an interium rule by noon Monday the 19th. The alternative is to appear and explain why not. This suit was brought by the Paralyzed Veterans of America, the NVLSP, and three other advocacy organizations. Suggest interested parties read the full account at Vawatchdog. Let the fur fly!!!!

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I don't know what all this means, what about it being at the OMB for review? what does this do to Webb's hearing and Congressional review? This is all very confusing and hard to follow, can anyone explain what is going on and where we are?

I don't know what all this means, what about it being at the OMB for review? what does this do to Webb's hearing and Congressional review? This is all very confusing and hard to follow, can anyone explain what is going on and where we are?

Not certain what this means, however, I do know this is a second go round for the AO presumptives at OMB. I found the rule there in December of 2009. I am not certain but I believe the suit was filed because the VA was in violation of existing law and the time frames involved. The comment in the VA Watchdog article as quoted from a court observer is that the court had, had it with the VA and thus the unheard of short fuse imposed to publish the final rule in the Federal Register or an interium regulation, or explain why not. Will have to see how this washes out, but it would seem to me if the rule were published on the 19th, then the 60 days for the Congressional Review Act would begin from that date. This is speculation on my part and not to get peoples hopes up. Another poster on the Veterans Benifits Network had something similar formulated prior to this court order. Posting would prempt Webbs attempt to delay.

Thanks -I didn't realize you already posted this info!!!!

"Posting would prempt Webbs attempt to delay."

That is my take on all this too.

I have never witnessed anything like this before-this will be very interesting to see how it turns out and how it could benefit veterans who already have filed their claims.

Time is their enemy.

The twitter site for www.vawatchdog.org announced an hour ago that The US Circuit Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued an order July the 15th that requires the VA Secretary to publish the new rule or an interium rule by noon Monday the 19th. The alternative is to appear and explain why not. This suit was brought by the Paralyzed Veterans of America, the NVLSP, and three other advocacy organizations. Suggest interested parties read the full account at Vawatchdog. Let the fur fly!!!!

The order is for the v.a .to respond to the petition

After reading the order, it seems to me that the court has order the va secretary to respond to the petition . not to publish.