VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Ao Regs

Rate this question

Berta

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Aide to Congressman Boren of Oklahoma called me again yesterday. He again said " the rule should be passed from the OMB and become final in the fall" The 60 day Congressional review will NOT stop processing and payment of claims" " Only a Act of Congress could stop this rule and that will not happen"He said no one in either house has an appetite for stopping this rule in an election year. He also said if any Senator has a problem with the rule, they will discuss the matter with the Sec and resolve it privately, whatever that means. I think for the Vets that do not fall under Nehmer, there might be a disagreements on when to make the claim effective. The date of the claim or the date the rule became effective????? Thoughts????

Aide to Congressman Boren of Oklahoma called me again yesterday. He again said " the rule should be passed from the OMB and become final in the fall" The 60 day Congressional review will NOT stop processing and payment of claims" " Only a Act of Congress could stop this rule and that will not happen"He said no one in either house has an appetite for stopping this rule in an election year. He also said if any Senator has a problem with the rule, they will discuss the matter with the Sec and resolve it privately, whatever that means. I think for the Vets that do not fall under Nehmer, there might be a disagreements on when to make the claim effective. The date of the claim or the date the rule became effective????? Thoughts????

Donna;

Thanks for the udate on information you received from Senator Boren's office. From what has been stated on this website and other Forums and citations of process it would appear that the Aid is wrong about payment of claims during the Congressional Review Act period. Sen. Webb's Admendment invokes the CRA, but so does regulation/law involving and expenditure over $100,000 million. There are many many people monitoring OMB for Final Rule Status, publication of that Rule in the Federal Register, the Court for any possible influence, veterans websites for comments/facts/ideas on political slants, etc. The consensus of most is that we can look to sometime in December before payment could become a reality!! New developments can be dealt with by writing our duly elected legislators with hopefully positive impact. You are lucky you are getting updates from yours because most of us are being shined on or recieving some irrelavant canned letter.

I read a suggestion from a Veterans Advocate Sage about the process and how to cope with it. He said file your claim to the best of your ability. Once it has been filed feel that you have done the best that you could have done, and let it run it's course. Get a copy of War and Peace, read it twice. Buy a large salt water aquarium, stock it with expensive fish, watch them gradually die off. Replace them and start the process all over. Your case will be adjudicated when it is adjudicated, not a day before!!! We just have to wait without letting it consume us.

My cent and a half contribution!!!

Regards

Your statements are so true. If you are political junkie like I am, following this process is a hobby. I have 7 other hobbies called grandchildren. As the 2010 election heats up, I will be anxiously waiting to take our country back for those grandchildren. I always felt I was not getting the whole truth from Congressman Boren's office, although I do appreciate the personal phone calls. It never made sense to me that the claims would be paid during the review by Congress, but that is what he kept saying.Oh well, it will all be done by the end of 2010 and so will the election. Plenty to watch and read up on.

I would like to see a rule similar to Diabetes 2 when it first became presumptive. If you could prove you had a DX for DM2 before the date it was approved for the presumptive list you got a check for 12 months of retro and those that had filed before nehmer kicked in and were approved back to the denial of their claim.

Might be to much to wish for in the economy mess we are in now??