VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cnp Exam Report Tinnitus Questions

Rate this question

DiEsMiTtY

Question

I am looking at the report from my C an P exam for tinnitus and I have two questions.

Question 1 background information taken from report

Audio test 2

Side: Left

Type of loss: sensorineural

Degree of Loss: normal to Moderately severe (55-69 HL)

Addtional comments: Normal hearing through 3Khz with HFHL at above frequencies.

medical follow up: no

Is hearing loss present? yes

Is tinnitus as likely as not a symptom associated wuth the hearing loss?yes

Diagnosis: WNR R, HFHL SNHL L. Pt will RTC for ABR outside of C&P process due to asymetry.

Ok my first question is what the hell does the diagnosis mean.

Question 2 Background information taken from C&P exam

Medical Opinion

Please evaluate and provide opinion if it is as likely as not that current bilateral hearing loss and tinnitus are related to military noise exposure.

Unable to opine without resort to mere speculation, C File required to reveiw and opine accordingly--pt does not need to return , only c file is needed.

Q2 So how do I find out what her opinion was why was it left off the report. The exam was on June 17th. So in theory they had plenty of time to get my C file.

Anyways I called the 800 number and they said there ready to make a decision. I have to wait for clearance to get my PTSD CnP report. I think I blew that one the examiner was a retired Major general and I just shut down the bastard was even wearing his stars.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Seems like intimidation or he's real proud of those stars.

My opinion that's not right for him to wear them at a c&p exam, as the examiner .Did i read that right.

Did they do that so you would man up and not tell about all of your difficulties.We jarheads have a problem telling about our problems ,especially to somebody that is a higher/ ranking authority.

We don't want to be looked at as weak . That was a real sh!t move on there part.

Sgt Sandman

Seems like intimidation or he's real proud of those stars.

My opinion that's not right for him to wear them at a c&p exam, as the examiner .Did i read that right.

Did they do that so you would man up and not tell about all of your difficulties.We jarheads have a problem telling about our problems ,especially to somebody that is a higher/ ranking authority.

We don't want to be looked at as weak . That was a real sh!t move on there part.

Sgt Sandman

Oh the kicker was he was a marine at that. His office was decorated with marine corps stickers and flags. Hey had a marine Corp lanyard that you wear around your neck for your id. He had his stars on that. I'm sure he discounted everything I said. Although I had an extremly nice letter from the vet center. When he mentioned the vet center letter there was nothing but disdain in his voice.

Kelly, I was thinking that would be a good time for an enlisted man to give it to the zero ( officer ) too. Ha Ha.

Dies, welcome to the board. You'll like it here, good people. I would really try to get your hands on that C&P . Your either gonna like the results or it's gonna piss you off.

Hopefully , a fellow Marine helped you out. But as you are well aware the zeros usually cover there own arse. Goodluck friend.

Sgt

Sorry about your encounter. Hope your c-file backs up your diagnosis beyond the docs lack of opinion. The quote "Unable to opine without resort to mere speculation" concerns me. I recently had a c&p and had the same words on the report. I was denied because the doc rendered an opinion of speculation rather than least likely as not. The word speculation does not work in your favor. It is the same thing as saying "I don't have a clue".