VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cnp Exam Report Tinnitus Questions

Rate this question

DiEsMiTtY

Question

I am looking at the report from my C an P exam for tinnitus and I have two questions.

Question 1 background information taken from report

Audio test 2

Side: Left

Type of loss: sensorineural

Degree of Loss: normal to Moderately severe (55-69 HL)

Addtional comments: Normal hearing through 3Khz with HFHL at above frequencies.

medical follow up: no

Is hearing loss present? yes

Is tinnitus as likely as not a symptom associated wuth the hearing loss?yes

Diagnosis: WNR R, HFHL SNHL L. Pt will RTC for ABR outside of C&P process due to asymetry.

Ok my first question is what the hell does the diagnosis mean.

Question 2 Background information taken from C&P exam

Medical Opinion

Please evaluate and provide opinion if it is as likely as not that current bilateral hearing loss and tinnitus are related to military noise exposure.

Unable to opine without resort to mere speculation, C File required to reveiw and opine accordingly--pt does not need to return , only c file is needed.

Q2 So how do I find out what her opinion was why was it left off the report. The exam was on June 17th. So in theory they had plenty of time to get my C file.

Anyways I called the 800 number and they said there ready to make a decision. I have to wait for clearance to get my PTSD CnP report. I think I blew that one the examiner was a retired Major general and I just shut down the bastard was even wearing his stars.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The interesting part is on page one it says tinitus is conseded due to my mos as motor transport. That's not what it said verbatim I don't have the report in front of me. If it was conceded why can't she opine. I love the va!!!!!

The interesting part is on page one it says tinitus is conseded due to my mos as motor transport. That's not what it said verbatim I don't have the report in front of me. If it was conceded why can't she opine. I love the va!!!!!

If VBA has conceded your Tinnitus as "due to my mos as motor transport", then it should be service connected.

If the Tinnitus symptoms are shown in the medical evidence to be few and transient, they should be rated as SC'd at zero percent.

If the Tinnitus symptoms are shown in the medical evidence to be recurrent, they should be rated at 10 percent.

I agree with Carlie and I would like to add one thing.

Unable to opine without resort to mere speculation, C File required to review and opine accordingly--pt does not need to return , only c file is needed

The mere speculation is not so good but the doctor is willing to make a more accurate opinion after s/he gets your military records. The doctor is saying that to give an accurate medical opinion about your claim s/he would need to review your C-File. VA should had sent your C-file when they requested the C & P exams.

Hope This Helps

Edited by pacmanx1

I got a call from the va ROI office today and they said that the CnP PTSD doctor won't release my exam results. He will only release them to my primary care physician. Well I was never assigned a primary care doctor at the VA. So the lady I talked to said she's going to talk to her supervisor and call me back. I also had an abr exam, that the CnP audiology exam recommended but it was done outside of the CnP process. This exam further confirmed hearing loss in my left ear. And my iris inquiry came yesterday letting me know that the raters have had my claim since the 13th of July expect 14-30 days and may take longer for a decesion to be made.

I got a call from the va ROI office today and they said that the CnP PTSD doctor won't release my exam results. He will only release them to my primary care physician. Well I was never assigned a primary care doctor at the VA. So the lady I talked to said she's going to talk to her supervisor and call me back. I also had an abr exam, that the CnP audiology exam recommended but it was done outside of the CnP process. This exam further confirmed hearing loss in my left ear. And my iris inquiry came yesterday letting me know that the raters have had my claim since the 13th of July expect 14-30 days and may take longer for a decesion to be made.

Sounds to me they have conceded you have tinnitus, so 10% should be showing up in the brown envelope any day! I went through the same thing in late '08 and the whole process took about 5-6 months. My hearing loss was minor compared to yours, as it only affected frequency's higher than normal hearing range, but tinnitus can be present with or without hearing loss, and that was granted. So what they call HFHL (my guess is high frequency hearing loss) may not help you, but it looks like the sensorineural problem has been conceded too.

You should head down to your VAMC to pick out a primary care doctor. You may run into a problem when you do that, as I did. When I first enrolled in the VA system at my VAMC, I was told to head down to "Intake" to pick out a doctor. Intake told me I couldn't do that until I needed to see a doctor for a medical problem. A few months later I went in for a agent orange registry exam, and the doc recommended I pick out a primary care doctor before leaving the building due to high BP, but since it wasn't an emergency (I have meds for BP) and I didn't have the time to wait that day, I tried to make an appointment at Intake. No can do they said, we don't make appointments, so just come back when you need to see a doctor. Then the guy told me that satellite offices did accept appointments, so that is the route I went. You might check out your area for satellite offices and grab a primary care doc there.

Thanks for your service!