VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Appeal

Rate this question

jack81mm

Question

Hey. I have 70% PTSD n dont work. Havent full time in 6 yrs. All due to the PTSD symptoms.

Just rec'd letter from my VA psychologist to send with IU app on appeal.

Lookin to git opinions on my questions n DR letter for IU claim. It doesnt say it in the

words most say a letter needs to be for the rater to grant IU more easily but what do

you think? I did stress to the DR how it needed to be worded. As I said before he is

concerned bout some crap goin on wid this C&P dr who has repeatedly stated to most all

of his vets at C&P exam they r either lyin or dont have PTSD. So my Dr n others in this

area r bein looked at under a microscope. He is concerned about backlash from his

supervisor if he writes bluntly somtin like vet cant work due to PTSD.

I also have a friend who I have attempted to work for but could not continue because of

my PTSD sypmtoms. He is now sayin he will complete any form like the form VA sends to

past employers after u apply for IU. He will back up anything he states if VA contacts

him by either mail or phone. He is a disabled vet himself. He paid me out of his business

miscellaneous funds. I didnt report this amount to the IRS. It was only a few hundred

dollars. Should I put this work down on the 21-8940? And do you think the small amount

will be a problem in me not reporting it to the IRS? I understand the VA does a check

with the IRS.

I have to send/fax to legion rep by aug 15 to meet one yr deadline.

July 15, 2010

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this statement in support of ******. *** is followed at the **** clinic

at ***** in the Va system for

PTSD, secondary to his Depressive disorder. **** is followed at our clinic by

psycholgist(myself) and a psychiatrist for weekly group psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy.

This statement is written on behalf of *** claim for unemployability. The VBA has

currently evaluated *** at 70% criteria for PTSD, recognizing that *** has occupational

impairment through "difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances" as well as an

"inability to establish and maintain effective relationships." **** was referred to and

evaluated by the VBA's VOCREHAB program, and the evaluation concluded that "he is

infeasible for a training program leading to full time employment at this time due to

his PTSD symptoms."

In concurrence with the VBA's VOCREHAB, in my clinical opinon, *** does not possess

the requisite emotionally stability to successfully maintain gainful employment. Please

consider these factors in your evaluation of *** claim for unemployability

signed *****

Staff Psychologist

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That statement, plus your VA medical records, ought to do it.

just my personal opinion, of course

Larry, Thanks for your reply. I am looking to git an opinion..regrdless of if letter is good or not..tryin to put ducks in a row...u hear all the time the letter has to worded in the way VA will accept it..so hearin so scrutiny on the letter could help if I need to have a better one. Thx agin..Jack

Carlie,

Sorry. My mistake on the profile. Im at 70 for PTSD. I was at 20%.

What are your thoughts on the wording of this letter?

And the questions in the 2nd paragraph regarding the forms??

THX JACK

Jack,

Your profile shows 20 % SC'd.

Are you currently 20 % or 70 % ?

jack,

Do you want me to change your profile to show 70 % SC ?

I am going to reserve comment on the claims issues and hopefully some

members will chime in with their opinion.

Carlie,

As you might understand, concerning the topic at hand and the timeliness of getting this IU app sent in, I am more concerned with gitting some thoughts from as many of the members as possible. Thanks for your replies.

If you have any thoughts on my last post please tell me.

Jack

jack,

Do you want me to change your profile to show 70 % SC ?

I am going to reserve comment on the claims issues and hopefully some

members will chime in with their opinion.