VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unemployablility Or 100% Rating

Rate this topic

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I just returned from my VA rep to apply for re-evaluation my my back, hearing, and a new evaluation on PTSD. While talking to him he said I could apply for non-employability instead of trying for 100%, I am currently 80% service connected, and cannot work any longer. I am confused about this as I was working for the post office and was disability retired because of my service connected back injury. That being the case I am non-employable and have a neurosurgeon, family doctor, and physical therapist who state no twisting, turning, or bending.

Has anyone else went through this?

Been there done that, as John999 stated has SS approved you? I would also recommend going back to the VA and applying for Voc rehab......they will most likely deny you as to disabled to complete the program ( they are really quick to do this )and you would also use this denial from Voc rehab in your claim for IU, at that point it is Very difficult for the VA to conclude otherwise.