VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Speak To Medical Director

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I called the medical director's office today to meet him/her to discuss the care I am getting for my chronic pain disorder. I was told by the staff that I could not meet the director, and that I had to write a letter. Of course, I believe this is a lie, but I wrote the letter anyway. I can talk to my congressman face to face, but not the medical director of the VAMC in my town? I was shuffled off to the patient advocate's office. I found out I had been dropped through the cracks, and that I did not have an appointment with the pain clinic until September. I would have been out of medications by then and pissed off. The care I am getting is inadequate and inconsistent. I am going to stay on their backs until I get better care. I believe as a vet I am entitled to better care than getting a new doctor every month, and being lectured about the moral hazard of narcotic meds. I think we older vets are getting the shaft. A 50 million dollar trauma center is being built at my hospital for OIF/OEF vets, and I can't even get proper treatment for pain that would cost them a few bucks. Every vet deserves the best care, but I resent being sent to the back of the bus. The role of the patient advocate is to take the heat off the people with actual responsibility for our care, so they can take a long lunch and go home early to beat the traffic.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

In Dallas we don't get to talk to VA Gods either but its fairly easy to meet with their underlings. Go to Administrative Office in person and ask to speak to them and see what happens.

First and foremost: I hold no animosity towards younger veterans- they've done their part and deserve quality care and benefits just like anyone else.

The trouble is- they're being expedited (Wounded Warrior,etc) because they are far more likely to give bad press since they're more the center of attention.

This is why I was talking about raising hell to get noticed by the media.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

And to you younger vets- don't hesitate to use any available option to speed your claim. It's not your fault that the System sucks.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

John, I suggest you contact the Ethics Committee, VA Central Office, D.C.

Ethics Center at (202) 501-0364

e-mail VHA Ethics vhaethics@va.gov

Ethics Center http://www.ethics.va.gov/

You could claim you are being tried as a VA research subject, without your consent.

You could claim "Human Subjects Protection". You could claim Research Misconduct. ~Wings

Ethics Center content http://www.ethics.va.gov/resources/ethicsresources.asp#22

Ethical Considerations in Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain (IN fOCUS April 2005) [PDF]

Ethical Considerations in Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain Management (NET Summary November 2005) [Word]