VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds

Rate this topic

Well, all together this month my meds cost me almost 2000 dollars, not counting what the doctors charge for each of 2 appointments, x-rays and physical therapy.

They, the medications, usually don't all hit me like that.

Normally I get stuck with about one third to half but, this month the VA pharmacy was slow enough to force me into buying all of it during one calendar month from the private sector.

I can't go cold turkey from my stuff.

One look at my medical bills, the stuff that the VA refuses to cover, is enough to shut up any of the lazy bastards that think I'm living high on the hog with those unearned free medical benefits and ridiculous monthly compensation payments.

I figure I'm clearing at least 600 bucks a month for groceries, house payment, utilities, insurance and computer time.

Yesterday I got more shots in my lower back.

That 'back strain', which was actually a compression fracture from running off an AC-130 wing in 1972, is going downhill again.

I'll be getting another of those 'free' MRIs in 2 weeks.

Probably followed by another 'free' spinal surgery.

I haven't felt good enough to work on my hobby-car for months.

Something is wrong with this picture but danged if I can tell what that is.

sledge

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sledge

I am real curious about what they did to your back and the outcome. I have a couple of compression fractures in my thoracic spine in addition to other problems. Was that an epidermal steroid shot? Did it do you any good? Was there any talk of gluing your fractures back together? The last private doc I saw advised against gluing the fractures. Said they may or may not be able to fix them but even if they did it wouldn't significantly alter my pain.

The fractured area is in the thoracic and the shots were lumbar.

Fracture covers more conditions than just snapping.

I have had several broken bones and none looked broken except as a thin line on an x-ray.

None of mine ever broke into 2 separate pieces that had to be brought back together.

My fractures are undergoing the normal osteoarthritis degeneration associated with abuse during the healing process.

In other words, going to work with a broken back in your 20's is not good for you later in life.

I don't know the names of the stuff that he injected.

3 different things.

One was steroids, one was painkiller and I don't know the third.

He said to give it 2 weeks and the next step will be an MRI.

I have never been encouraged to have lower back surgery by any doctor.

The odds of improvement are lower than 50-50 no matter what the condition started out as.

If you are not on morphine and confined to a wheelchair, your surgical outcome may not be an improvement.

sledge