VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Negative C&p Exam - What Next?

Rate this question

JC1948

Question

My C&P examiner stated on her report that she did not find objective evidence to support a diagnosis of claimed illness. Will this report cause my claim to be denied even though my neurologist reports I have the disease?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The VAMC examiner has more wt than any DR. NP are known to deny claims right and left and even though you may have valid information in the form of treatment records/medication/their exam results/IMO's and IME's the VARO uses the C&P exam "opinions" to grant or deny the claim. The largest part of veteran population, and especially those of us here have been fighting these flawed exams for years. Sorry to be the bearer of this news.

Roll up your sleeves and be prepared for the fight of your life!

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry but I feel it will. They usually go w/the examiner, especially when it's against you. jmo

pr

My C&P examiner stated on her report that she did not find objective evidence to support a diagnosis of claimed illness. Will this report cause my claim to be denied even though my neurologist reports I have the disease?

The VAMC examiner has more wt than any DR. NP are known to deny claims right and left and even though you may have valid information in the form of treatment records/medication/their exam results/IMO's and IME's the VARO uses the C&P exam "opinions" to grant or deny the claim. The largest part of veteran population, and especially those of us here have been fighting these flawed exams for years. Sorry to be the bearer of this news.

Roll up your sleeves and be prepared for the fight of your life!

Would I be able to request a second C&P before being denied or do I have to wait for the denial?

• HadIt.com Elder

What you need to do is get a second opinion that is favorable as soon as possible and submit it objecting to your C&P. Make sure the Doc sees the C&P so they can shred it

• HadIt.com Elder

Get an IMO or IME that will rebutt the findings of the C&P exam point by point. Even if you get another C&P exam it might be worse. Who pays for C&P exams? The VA pays for these exams. They work for the VA. You need a doctor who is working for you, and getting paycheck from you. Nobody at the VA is your friend.