VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va 'lost' Me, Have To Do Eligibility Again, Question About Upcoming Appt.

Rate this topic

VA lost me in their system and so im having to go through eligibility again. The letter I got shows 2 appointments. One for L/Laboratory (NC) Clinic on one day and one for L/PC Ward Clinic the next. <br style="min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">Is "Ward" part of the clinic name, or is it the name of the person they assigned as PCP for me? This is the Lincoln, NE VAMC if anyone local is around to comment.

Thanks!

CAS

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

it depends on the VAMC you are at and what clinic you are going to I had a colon exam and it was worded as being on ward 3C obviously that means 3rd floor C wing the proctologists office was the first door in the right side of the ward the VAMC that I go to has double wide wings I would not worry about the word "ward" being used to describe where you have to go for a "visit" unless it is the "lock down ward" then you might have an issue to worry about (yes I have been there before too, the days I spent there were worth it)

Better they lose your clinic info than lose your "C File" we have seen that happen before also sometimes they get "found" and other times you have to wonder if they were "lost in the mail" or "shredded" or just sent to the wrong place

I moved from one town to another about 70 miles away both towns have VAMC's as everyone knows they are not all the same I tried to transfer my care to the "new town" after a few trips to the new place I gave up and was smart enough to keep all my appts at the old towns VAMC where all of my doctors were and are excellent cardiac, shrink and primary care

I would see all of them if they were in private practice and I still had health insurance not like the doctors at the new VAMC they put the real meaning of a vet doctor to the test I wouldn't let any of them treat my dogs or cats only when I am ready to die will I let my wife take me to the local VAMC if I have a cardiac problem I have the ambulance take me to Lexington Medical Center I have this desire to live and I don't care about a doctor bill I have fought the VA to pay them before and I will again I am sure now that my cardiac issues are SC I am sure I won't have the same problem ever again once I am stabilized then feel free to transfer me to the VA I will go to MY VAMC to see MY doctors after I get discharged from the local VAMC but I don't trust the local VA to diagnose a heart attack let alone treat one the last time I tried that route they told me it was gas and to go home I told them I was going to lexington medical and send them the bill that visit they tried telling me that I had to let them do whatever they wanted the new doc wanted to do a heart cath rather than get a copy of the recent one that had been done in Augusta the previous year and since I only have one working artery in my heart I don't like unnecessary procedures puncture that last artery I could quickly die not my goal breathing is my goal no matter how slow and low it is better to be breathing than to not be

I am lucky that I live close enough to another medical center that is owned and run by the VA so I don't have to use the "bad" one I don't care about gas money living is my goal and going to Charlie Norwood VAMC is a much better choice than Dorn VA just a look around outside both facilities gives you a good idea on their mentality at Charlie Norwood you see a lot of veterans with power chairs or scooters and very few with a pair of long legged aluminum crutches, at Dorn it's is just the opposite hardly no veterans have a power chair or a scooter and hundreds of vets walking around with a pair of aluminum crutches? why?

At Augusta they have a few cheap pictures up on the walls they are nice but they did not waste a lot of money on them while at Dorn about every 4 feet they have really nice number prints from a small printing of nice art worlk like 26/250 or 124/500 but they will complain about a veteran on vacation coming to them to get medication refills they told me when I tried transferring that there was no way I was going to keep getting all 41 of my medications that was just to many I asked them whatmedical conditions had been fixed so they could stop my medications they were like what does that matter we just can't spend that much money on one patient for medications I was like WTF I quit and never went back and like I said earlier I don't plan on going back hopefully the next time I am wheeled into Dorn VA I will have already died and then they can pronounce me

they may all day VAMC on them but they are not alike they are nothing like McDonalds at McDonalds no matter where in the nation you go, you know what it is going to taste like not the VA it's just good luck that you get a good one and not a bad one

VA lost me in their system and so im having to go through eligibility again.

Something here doesn't make any sense.

Your profile shows you are 50 % SC.

This alone, entitles you to all needed Medical Care, RX's and Prosthetics.

So, I see no reason at all you would need to re-visit eligibility.

You're still receiving your compensation in a timely manner - right ?

Absolutely, Carlie. Ive been rated 40% since 2002, and they added 10% radiculopathy in 2003, and Tinnitues 10% as well, rounding down to 50%.

Still getting comped-went through Voc Rehab from 2004-2008 and graduated. They have never asked me for a re-exam, though I don't have any 'permanent' wording in either of my other two findings.

I think being over 5 years makes me 'static' or something, but I don't know that that means anything.

Something here doesn't make any sense.

Your profile shows you are 50 % SC.

This alone, entitles you to all needed Medical Care, RX's and Prosthetics.

So, I see no reason at all you would need to re-visit eligibility.

You're still receiving your compensation in a timely manner - right ?

[Yup-PA Ward, whatever his name is. I wasn't worried about the "ward" part, just wanted to know if I was looking for a 'ward' or a 'Ward'. :-)

quote name='Philip Rogers' timestamp='1280392557' post='211228']

That's usually the name of who you're going to see. Call the VAMC appointments office and ask. Unlike what's been reported they really don't "bite." jmo

pr