VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

President Signs Hr. 4899

Rate this question

SgtAFMOB

Question

The President signed into law today HR. 4899 the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2010 see http://www.militaryupdate.com. Additionally here is a quote from aTom Philpot article dated July 29 2010. Title: 60 Day Countdown Near for Paying New "AO" Claims.

"A sixty day countdown to the day that the VA can start compensating up to 86,000 veterans retroactively for the disorders will be when the VA publishes it's final implementing regulation which could be next week." :rolleyes:

And yes the letter Stillhere got is popping up all over, it's a canned letter. If Webb had a part in it he needs to brush up on procedural issues or just some Aid drafted it who also needs to brush up, it is flawed in terms of the procedure cited. The Secretary was under no obligation to run anything by Congress see Law 102-4, Febuary 16, 1991, the Agent Orange Act. If someone thinks the Secretary didn't have sufficient evidence as furnished by the IOM then bring on your experts of which Webb is not one. Benedict Arnold was a warrior and a partriot before he became a traitor to the people he served with!!!

Hope this encouaging and helpful. :biggrin:

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

SgtAF

Are you a Vietnam vet with an Agent Orange condition? I know you are a FNG here. You are doing a lot of lecturing of others here, but what is it that you know that helps others? Attacking a moderator who has been here for years is sort of dumb if you want to be heard. I understood where Pete was coming from, but I don't understand where you are coming from.

As you are a moderator I am wondering what constructive, informative value did you comment have and the contridiction involving the number of people involved is factless. If you have stats to share please do. This is supposed to be Vets serving Vets. No meaningless supposition.

What? I'm afraid I have missed your point....or maybe its just that you missed Pete's.

Let's all play nice - we all want the same thing here.

If people want to or propose to throw attacks at the members here, especially at a moerator, they really need to reread their posts before hitting the "add reply" or in some cases send button. The objective I believe on this forum is to educatate all who may enter. Knowledge is power! If one wants to play hard ball, please do it with the VA. Many become frustrated with the actions of the VA in regard to their claims, treatment or lack of treatment. To attempt to incite an argument over statical data makes no sense. All have opinions and concerns but this site is to be informative and assist all vets and families to get there due justice.

Quite frankly, as I read the post, I too thought the # of 86,000 seemed very low. Having Viet Nam vets in my family, and lost members in that war, the number appears to be a small fraction of those who were actually there/fought/and have relate diseases/diagnoses.

This is JMHO, not open to debate! I do not come here to step on others toes, nor do I feel some do it intentionally, but sometimes one's frustrations may be directed towards the wrong people. Let's be open and considerate and greatful we have this forum to HELP eachother. Peace be to all.

My 2 cents worth is this is most likely as not the best Veteran advocate site on the web. You could go over to that other site(you all know which one) and if you disagree or post a anti-VA topic you are run off or they close the topic. Thanks to all who provide this service to us. I guess we sometimes forget what it takes to admin site like this. Folks they want to divide us and they are doing a damn good job of it. Hu rahaaaaaa, semper fi, anchors aweigh, and up into the wild blue yonder, but hell I have reason to be happy. We are still alive and breathing. No red X and ready to fly!!!!!!