VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

July Rating Exam

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I have several questions regarding a recent rating exam and i am wondering if what was documented in the comp exam is what I will expect to get for my new rating once that is completed in several months.

I presently am rated for 20% for back, %10 for hypertension

I had a lower arterial exam-report says i have atherosclerosos noted on distal aorta-pt with neurophy feet evaluated for pad exam-I put a claim in for this-not sure how they will rate this

1. Cardiomegaly:

Functional limitations: mets

Estimated Mets 5-7 based on exertion limited to types of activities such as climbing stairs, carrying objects 30-60 pounds, shoveling dirt, walking 4-5 mph

Reasons Mets estimated only-Patient not able to walk on treadmill due to back and feet disabilities. Pt had reaction to chemical stress test earlier this year when had chest pain evaluation-

I believe this is rated 30%

2. erectile dysfunction-

legarthy-yes

urinary frequency during day-normal

urinary frequency at night 4-5 times

I believe this is rated at 40%)

Complete erectile dysfunction due to side effects from hypertension medicine-I believe I get the special k 94.00 monthly

3. cervical spine-(neck injury from helicopter accident in military

flexation 0-10 degrees-

I believe this could be rated 30-40%

4. Hearing exam-not sure how they will rate that,

right ear speech recognition score-80

left " " 88

measured puretone threshold values left-53.75 db

right-52.5

is there a claim for tinnitus-no

is there a current complaint-yes-

begin in the military- rated 10%

If I understand this correctly-I am going to go from 30% to at least 70-80% is this correct. Anything that the doctor writes in the exam that applies to the rating percentages will that boost me up? I have been studying your forum for over 1 year to understand what you must say, how you say it and have the proper documents to back you up-I would appreciate all inputs-also since i submitted the paper work in may when I went from 10-30% showing I am married this would be one heck of a bacl pay from feb-had military pay that was offset. And of of course once you are 50% or more than they have to pay all that back-thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Wow looks like you have a lot of heavy issues. With the VARO it is a crap shoot, they pick and choose and decide what to award and almost all of the time low ball us vets. KEEP FIGHTING no matter what. Do you use a VSO? I believe the k award is now $96.00 per month but have hardly seen vets get it without a fight too.Do you have your medical treatment records in addition to your complete service records? Have you any doctors who will write you IMO/IME? These would help. With your C&P did you have a physician or a nurse practioner? I know others will chime in here and give you more advice but never stop fighting! Good luck. Take care of yourself too!

Military doctor for tricare on a military base wrote that, and va doctor at the comp exam wrote that on the report- was due to the atenol for high blood pressure secondary. I figured I would throw everything but the kitchen sink at them this time-all documented and in my military record. See i retired in 96-was given a mesley %10. I was involved in an helicopter crash years ago that has really caused my back and neck pain to get worse. They did the back ist- went from 0% to 20%, and the neck and all other issues went on the new exam This May. I went up to the %30 and the VA found a few other issues and created a new rating exam-so I threw everything I had to try to get to at least 50%-(stop getting military pay offset) and I believe I may have went way beyond. I studied this forum for a year until I got comfortable and went on my own as the lines of veterans waiting to file claims and speak to svs officiers in Az was unreal. So what I posted here came out of the comp report from the VA. I studied before I went in to the exam so I knew what to say, and when to keep thou yap shut. cross referenced from the VA rating chart and I believe that I may get anywhere from 60-90%. Just hoping someone could give me an insight if they agree with me. Also I requested the special K when I filed this long, long, claim Thanks

I believe that I may get anywhere from 60-90%. Just hoping someone could give me an insight if they agree with me.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic but be prepared for a VA let down. I think you have a strong case and seems that you have done your homework. Good Luck!

B6