VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Should I Do To Receive P&t Benefits?

Rate this question

Cherie33

Question

Hello Fellow Veterans,

Ok, I when I was awarded "Individual Unemployability", my letter also stated that I would have a future exam scheduled for April 2010. However, I haven't received any future exam schedules as of yet. I would like to be able to qualify for my States Benefits, but I would need to be P & T. I would also want the Chapter 31 benefits, example; being able to shop on base, insurance for my dependent, etc.) What should I do in order to get this done?

Thanks,

Cherie33

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ask for it. If you are over 55 they pretty much will give it to you. If you are not get a Doc to say you are permanent.

Nice to see you post again

Ask for it. If you are over 55 they pretty much will give it to you. If you are not get a Doc to say you are permanent.

Nice to see you post again

Hi Pete53,

It's good to be back. I've been sick and in and out of the hospital. Anyway, my VA doc has written in my file that "I am permanent and that I will not get better". Once I find the paper, I'll give you the specifics. Anyway, would that suffice? Oh and another thing, it took me so long to get "IU" and Social Security Disability, I don't want to open up another can of worms. Will me asking for P&T prompt the VA to give me an exam or something?

Thanks,

Cherie33

• HadIt.com Elder

If I was you I would get my own private pay doctor to write me a report saying I am P&T. Have him do it up right and not just a note in your file.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Pete53,

It's good to be back. I've been sick and in and out of the hospital. Anyway, my VA doc has written in my file that "I am permanent and that I will not get better". Once I find the paper, I'll give you the specifics. Anyway, would that suffice? Oh and another thing, it took me so long to get "IU" and Social Security Disability, I don't want to open up another can of worms. Will me asking for P&T prompt the VA to give me an exam or something?

Thanks,

Cherie33

I assume that the VA doc has written this up in one of your Progress Notes, but, regardless, take this missive from your doctor, take a VA form 21-4138 and simply state that you are requesting to be granted P&T status. It will not open up a can of worms. It will, most likely get you P&T. This will make you eligible for Chap THIRTY-FIVE benefits. You'll get paperwork that will explain all that stuff.

Hello Fellow Veterans,

Ok, I when I was awarded "Individual Unemployability", my letter also stated that I would have a future exam scheduled for April 2010. However, I haven't received any future exam schedules as of yet.

Thanks,

Cherie33

Cherie,

When you contact the VA - even with a doc stating your disabilities are static in nature, permanent and total,

a decision maker at the VA is going to in fact, order the exam that should have been scheduled in April 2010.

This exam itself could also end up bringing your IU to a P&T status.

jmho.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cherie33

I think that your VA Doc has given you all you need and you should follow LarryJ's and Carlies advice. Its weird but you made it through the maze to get 100% and some one probably following VA protocol gigged you.

I think Carlie is right they will ask you to take a C&P but maybe not.

Good Luck