VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu & Chapter 35

Rate this question

cachanilla73

Question

Hello again!!! we are waiting for the decision on my husband TDIU claim, 40% fibro, 30 % ptsd (going to clinic for 2 weeks), 20% foot. Total 70%. We received in the mail a letter saying that " we are writing you as the parent of a boy or girl who may be eligible for Eduacational Assistance under laws administered by the Veterans Affairs Administration. The enclosed pamphlet describes this benefit...."

So my questions is, Why do they send the letter and pamphlet???

Has anyone receive this information before getting the TDIU awarded????

Thanks for all the help....

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello again!!! we are waiting for the decision on my husband TDIU claim, 40% fibro, 30 % ptsd (going to clinic for 2 weeks), 20% foot. Total 70%. We received in the mail a letter saying that " we are writing you as the parent of a boy or girl who may be eligible for Eduacational Assistance under laws administered by the Veterans Affairs Administration. The enclosed pamphlet describes this benefit...."

They sent the pamphlet because they want you to be able to understand the Chap 35 benefits that your child has just become eligible to receive due to the 100% Permanent & Total disability that your husband has just been awarded.

Congratulations!

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like an award. IU P and T.

Other benefits are to include:

Champ VA for you.

Military ID card form 2765 for MWR, Commissary and exchange shopping, base activities like pool usage, bowling, ECT.

Waiver of premium for VA 10K life insurance.

Other perks like use of Shades of Green resort at WDW, Disney military packages,

Special 100 percent disabled License plates per your state.

Homestead exemption per your states rules.

Maybe state education benefits also.

America the beautiful access pass for National Parks. ( Half off of fees)

Along with several more.

New York Benefits here. ( These are good ones) http://www.veterans.ny.gov/state-benefits.html

J

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

Generally I would say he's been awarded 100% or TDIU, w/P&T, however it could be an error, as I've also heard of those recently. Call the 800 number and have him ask what his current rating is. It's usually in the computer if that's the case. Don't ask if he's won, just what his current rating is.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

It took me 9 tries to get VA 800 number to answer. 8 Times I got a message they were to busy and than got dumped. I was calling at their recommended times.

• HadIt.com Elder

sometimes the VA mails stuff and the people in the mailroom put the wrong stuff in the envelopes I was sent a booklet of Chapter 35 benefits when they awarded me 50% for PTSD so it was just a mistake so then you think you have got the P&T rating and when you read the letter then you find out that you didn't get 100% let alone be eligible for CH 35 benefits let alone CHAMPVA you have to take stuff in envelopes as a mistake until you get the letter telling you that the veteran has been rated either 100% P&T or TDIU P&T until that is in writing everything is just a guess do NOT get your hopes up based on any inserts

always expect the worse from them then anything you do get will be a reason to celebrate I don't trust anything with them anymore until I see it in writing and the money is in the bank they are sadistic people