VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fentanyl Cut Off

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

TestVet

I am right. They are trying to kill me. I have a heart condition 60%. I have all these different doctors prescribing for me at the VA and they change the treatment picture for me every time I see one of them. The bastards contradict each other and change each others orders. Then the pharmacy changes the orders. If I have to go to the news channels or talk to a reporter I will tell them that I have a heart condition and the VA has left me to go through detox on my own after years of being on narcotics. I wonder if any of them know what that is like.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

John

Give them he'll.

The last time I checked he patients rights document, I believe it said you have a right to get treatment for your pain.

John999-- I replied in to your other post about a possible 1151 claim.

You should submit a complaint to the Joint Commission:

http://www.jointcommission.org/generalpublic/complaint/

They will act on it immediately and the VA will have to respond immediately. The VA fears the Joint Commission more than any other organization--even more than Congress.

I hope this helps!

Joint Commission Pain Standards

• Patient’s right to pain control
  • Thorough assessment
  • Effective pain management
  • Patient rehabilitation
  • Staff education
  • Patient and family education
  • Quality improvement—“fifth vital sign”

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks all! I will check out the commission. I begin to wonder what the heck is wrong with me. Narcotics seem to have little effect on me anymore. Chronic pain eats at your soul. The doctors will tell you it is in your head or just suck it up and don't be a crybaby.

• 1 year later...

i tried to go to link for joint commision , but it would not display, what joint commision are you referring to?