VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Opinions\help

Rate this question

JamesPT

Question

Hello all, I have two questions\issues and would appreciate any thoughts, opinions etc. I had a VBA hearing about 3 months ago at the VA Regional regarding claim for secondary physical conditions. I mentioned in previous post that my primary injury was a service connected broken foot; broke the foot when I bailed off the gunship at a "HOT LZ". I battled the VA for approval of claim for right foot condition as it was initially denied, after struggling with the claim it was finally approved, but they denied secondary issues such as damage to left foot due to over compensating for primary injury. Had reconstructive (right foot) surgery 3 years ago, as a result my left foot is worn out and needs to be surgically repaired; the other issues in the claim are chronic knee, hip and back pain. After the VBA hearing the claim for these issues was remanded back to the RO via the Appeals Management Center, a C&P exam was quickly scheduled for June 29th. I went to the exam, this involved mostly question\answer and a very casual manipulation of left foot motion exams of knees, hips and back with a VA Doctor. No X-rays taken.

The Remand letter states "All claims that are remanded by the BVA or the US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims must be handled in an expeditious manner". Does anyone know? does "expeditious" mean months or years of waiting for an answer or what direction all this is taking. I have submitted support letters from 3 Podiatrists including my surgeon regarding secondary physical issues\injuries, as I mentioned my left foot needs reconstructive surgery. How much more evidence does the VA want? Do they wait until one runs out of options so that they can deny claim. Does anyone recommend writing my State Senator, perhaps his aids can look into the situation to get some answers. I am just asking, perhaps someone in the forum has experienced similar circumstances.

I am currently working for an increase for PTSD; 11 months in combat and all awards received; CIB, Bronze Medal, two Army Com Medals etc etc, I was given 30% rating. I go to the Veterans Mental Health for treatment, the Psychiatrists will not help with support letters for an increase, I asked, their answer is that they are not there to write support statements, as it would take too much of their time for Vets therapy. I can't seem to hang on to one Psychiatrist, I regard it as a Merry go'round because I am seeing a fifth shrink, I get bounced around from one Doctor to another which is very stressing, it's like starting therapy all over again every time they assign me a different Doctor. Please, any suggestions, opinions are appreciated.

Jim

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you have a lawyer for CAVA? Do you have a lawyer now? The VA can screw you around for years. You need a private psychiatrist to write up your PTSD report. Stick around and you will get examples of what you need. Your PTSD claim should be a slam/dunk but with the VA you have to shove it up their rectums.

Thanks john999 for your reply. I don't have an attorney but I am working claims with a VFW rep. Regarding the C&P exam and claim for secondary issues, he accesesed my file, it just mentioned "C&P exam inconclusive" whatever that means in VA lingo. It just doesn't sound positive.

I am seeing a private Psychiatrist, we are working toward a PTSD increase. We will have his PTSD report written up soon. This Gentleman hates the injustice and the way Vets are janked around by the VA. So with PTSD increase claim we are confident they just might relent and approve claim. I can't believe it's been 40 plus years since my Vietnam tour and the VA refused to see me in the many occassions I showed for help. I imagine battling the VA might get worse now that all these young troops will start arriving and begin their claims process. I am acquainted with young men who are already struggling with the system. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions and opinions; I welcome more suggestions as I navigate through this bureaucratic nightmare. Many thanks.

Jim