VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On 8 Year Old Cue

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I started this claim in 2002 for my knees. I injured them on active duty in boot camp and later on in the fleet several times as listed in my SMR and support letters from fellow service members.I was retired from my civillian job having nothing to do with my Injuries from Service. The case went to local VA Surgeon wrote that my injuries I had in USMC were consisteint with my current problems but a second nurse with VA decided the surgeon made the case without my smr there and denied and then went to DC BVA. I was lucky and got a good group of pro bono lawyers> They Cued the case and won after my SMR were produced and the VA remanded my case back to the state and now my case is about to heard but my question is since they won on cue why did the VA not have a new C/P exam? I have been told in latest letter to get in all of my medical evidence in 30 days I hope they are close to being done. Have a good day thanks for any help

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm thinking it's because it's a CUE and they have to go on the evidence of record, at that time. A new C&P would be evidence of how you are now, not then. jmo

pr

Hello I started this claim in 2002 for my knees. I injured them on active duty in boot camp and later on in the fleet several times as listed in my SMR and support letters from fellow service members.I was retired from my civillian job having nothing to do with my Injuries from Service. The case went to local VA Surgeon wrote that my injuries I had in USMC were consisteint with my current problems but a second nurse with VA decided the surgeon made the case without my smr there and denied and then went to DC BVA. I was lucky and got a good group of pro bono lawyers> They Cued the case and won after my SMR were produced and the VA remanded my case back to the state and now my case is about to heard but my question is since they won on cue why did the VA not have a new C/P exam? I have been told in latest letter to get in all of my medical evidence in 30 days I hope they are close to being done. Have a good day thanks for any help

I'm thinking it's because it's a CUE and they have to go on the evidence of record, at that time. A new C&P would be evidence of how you are now, not then. jmo

pr

Thanks I am wanting to get all of my claims finnished before I leave the states.