VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Processing And Prov9 Fee

Rate this question

Kitty Hawk Vet

Question

I just received appointments for ptsd processing. Has anyone else ever gotten one of these and what is it for, for sc? Along with that one I also got an appointment for something they called Prov9- fee. what is that? If anyone can tell me I would appreciate it. The appointments are for Aug 25th and I would like to know what to expect. I go toTemple VA in Texas.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Tommy

kittyhawkvet@live.com

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have no idea but you can call the place where the appointment is scheduled and ask for C&P Department and than ask them.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

I just received appointments for ptsd processing. Has anyone else ever gotten one of these and what is it for, for sc? Along with that one I also got an appointment for something they called Prov9- fee. what is that? If anyone can tell me I would appreciate it. The appointments are for Aug 25th and I would like to know what to expect. I go toTemple VA in Texas.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Tommy

kittyhawkvet@live.com

Well, obviously you have in the past indicated that you think you suffer from PTSD or you filed a claim for PTSD, or one of your doctors/social workers/psychologists/significant other(s) or someone has indicated to the VA Powers That Be that they think you must suffer from PTSD, or your service record indicates that you may suffer from PTSD and, because of some or all of that, you have been scheduled for a PTSD exam. The "Prov9-fee" is just an indicator for use "in-house" at the VA indicating that the Provider for this exam is "Provider #9" (a "contractor" that provides these services to the VA under contract) and that this provider charges on a fee-based process. Temple VA is not as large a VA as is, for example, Dallas VA, and, hence, the Temple VA uses "contractor services" for some of it's medical/psych services, unlike the VAMC in Dallas which is HUGE and has all these services "in-house", AND, even as large as the VAMC in Dallas is, THEY still use contractors to provide most all of their C&P exams, AND a lot of their psych exams (my OWN psych C&P was done at the Dallas VAMC by an "outside" Clinical Psychologist.

Hope this helps explain?