VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wanting To Apply For Permanent And Total

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

I was granted TDIU @ two years ago.I want to put in for 100% permanent and total.My condition has worsened,and after repeated back injections,surgery is only option.In severve pain (back and knees) which is not controlled by pain meds.Often bedridden from back pain,which gets worse when I am on my feet(from severe to intolerable)for even short periods of time.I have records from Doctors,surgeons for treatment I have received After the TDIU rating.My internist will state my condition will not improve.also have cardiac issues,etc.-not service related.Any pointers or advise for those who have gone from TDIU to 100% permananent and total?Thanks

Edited by atlaturne

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I understand that you are 100% TDIU P & T, If you have a heart condition that is not service connected in any way, you may want to think about filing a claim.

What are your service connected disabilities and their ratings? This is just my opinion and I could be way off. I am quite sure others will chime in. I will go further and say that if you have any "life threatening conditions" you may want to think about filing a claim for them.

Only problem being, they said their cardiac conditions were NOT service-related. How is filing a claim for non-service-related conditions going to help?

Only problem being, they said their cardiac conditions were NOT service-related. How is filing a claim for non-service-related conditions going to help?

LarryJ, as you know many conditions that are not service related "could" be awarded service connection based on being a secondary condition. Depending on the already service connected conditions if something would happen to the veteran that would cause death and it was heart related and that non service related (heart) connection is awarded service connection as a secondary condition then the veterans' dependents could benefit from it.

Edited by pacmanx1

I would think that applying for every condition is the best idea. I could be wrong but I read that permanent and total has to be 20 years, before it is officially permanent and total. Chances are they will not give you another exam, but I think they could. Filing for every condition is consistent with the idea that at some point you will need to provide further proof of being 100%.

• HadIt.com Elder

You've received "The Golden Ring", "The Holy Grail". It don't git no bedder than that. Go Fishing or indulge yerself in Retail Therapy.

When I was a kid the so called Golden Age of TV did not affect me we had radio and books. Until I was much older I had always thought that the Holy Grail was some kind of shied or even something magical.

How disappointed to find that it was a Chalice to drink wine out of and that info provided by an Indiana Jones Movie with Sean Connery looking for it.

• HadIt.com Elder

The problem with applying for every condition is the more awards the harder it is to get to 100%.

Welcome to Hadit