VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Obesity Secondary To Ptsd

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

well, i am obese secondary to PTSD. just wondered if anyone else has the glorious pleasure to have that, too. i've tried everything and i mean everything to lose the weight. it all seemed to work for a while and then nothing but gaining once again. no, i didnt stop the routine or programs, my body just seemed to revolt. now, im limited on my exercising due to a blown knee. i mean, i can still walk but hurts like hell! soooooo, what i am going the long way about is....if anyone has been in a similar situation, have u ever successfully got any help (preferrably non surgical) with your weight? all they say is "keep exercising!" i just want to scream out "really? did u miss that whole freaking section on MRI, orthopaedics, custom knee brace? how about the acl damage, medial & lateral meniscus tears? exactly how do u suggest exercising?" but ultimately, i know they r only saying what immediately pops into their mind and i know they r seriously overwhelmed. that would be why i come to my old faithful crew here :)

any success stories? insight? suggestions?

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Many of the side affects of the meds we take can cause weight gain.

I hope that our lost member returns but the basic miscommunication as I look at this thread is she was asking if getting obese could be linked to PTSD? A very legitimate question in my opinion.

Robert congratulations I hear that type of barriatic surgery is supposed to be the best as it suppresses hunger after the surgery.

• HadIt.com Elder

u know john, i have come here for guidance and support for about a year. and now, u have certainly made me feel so unwelcomed, i cant even describe it. i am not a confrontational person so with that said....i know what my award letter says. and i understand what u are saying. but i will not sit here and be called a liar such as u are doing. so, without getting ugly or nasty, i say good bye to this website. i will not be back for anything no matter how down and out i get, no matter how much i need help with a damn thing. thx so much for turning on me like u did. what's one more kick in the ass when the military has already beat u down for so long. not only that, but u have no idea where i am in my life with this whole ptsd thing. u never know how close someone is to healing or jumping. 'preciate it...

CHeck this one out CLW. Here is a win . Hang in there. You have my support.

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp03/files/0314075.txt

Jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

If this is the case then VA should be willing to pay for lapband or gastric by-pass surgery. Since morbid obesity is a dire health hazard the VA should pay for the surgery. I wonder if they have ever paid for it?

• HadIt.com Elder

The next question would be would you really want the VA to be the ones who do your gastric by-pass? Do you want a medical student with his hands in your guts?