VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase Filing For Radiculopathy/new Filing For Radiculopathy And Ed

Rate this question

brokensoldier244th

Question

So, I just got back from my doctor, and laid out my med history for her, for my svc. connected stuff. She'd never seen it so we spent an hour or so going over it all, starting with my C and P from 2002 when I was rated for DDD. I asked her a few questions:

1. Is it possible the C and p doctor in 2002/2003 messed up in not service connecting my left leg?

2. Is it Radiculopathy/DDD getting worse overall?

3. Do I have ED?

Based on what she said i'm claiming increased radiculopathy in Rt leg, Service Connection for radiculopathy in my left leg, and amending my current claim for ED based on her examination and prescription of Paxil for it (PE). The VA doc put me on a year's load of Gabapantin and Meloxicam, and a burst of Prednisone (though im kind of liking that stuff.....) I have a claim in for the radiculopathy, but Im adding the ED to it via the 21-4138 they sent me the other day for any more information.

Here is what the C and P doc said in 2002:NOTE: Examiner notes that "…he says that his left foot is basically is completely okay at this point and does not really cause him problems…." But I answered in response to his questioning about which leg was currently causing me pain and numbness at that time in the examination. A little later examiner notes "he has back pain daily, shooting pain and numbness in right leg periodically throughout the day, but he does have some numbness and shooting pain into the right leg and foot at some point at least once a day and usually a couple to a few times a day". This should have been noted for my Left leg and I believe that the examiner errored while typing the summary by typing "Right" twice. It makes no diagnostic sense, otherwise.

My C& P from 2003 rates radiculopathy, and then rates it in only in my Right leg based on the notes in my 2002 C and P (above).

My doc looked at the above, my MRI's, XRays, and the write ups, and said that she thinks it's possible that the C and P doctor messed up because he mentions the right leg twice. She says based on the reflexes from that exam, and his notes, and clinical notes and other things that he most likely meant to say the left leg was also experiencing these symptoms as well.

So, does that do anything for me? I have a claim in now for my Left Leg radiculopathy since its not rated or service connected. They rated my Radiculopathy in 2003 back to 2002 and my initial claim for DDD, even though radiculopathy wasn't rated service connected until 2003. Why did they do that, if I didnt file the claim until later?

She also prescribed me Paxil for pre-mature fireworks based on the nerves that are compressed in my spine. SO...what constitutes ED, exactly? Is it inability to get an erection, or does premature getting there count?

My VA doc appt. the other day notes both legs with radiculopathy, and my new xrays confirm Disc Space Narrowing at both L5-S1, and L 2-3.

My old Xrays only say "Possible disc spacing L5-S1". Is that 'getting worse' in VA-ese?

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck I wish I knew more about this. I will follow this thread and hope that I can learn to help others down the road.

Ive been looking more, and I found that the VA noted difficulty with erections and PE in 2003 directly worded in the docs notes as a result of my disc herniation.

Does that change anything or would the EED still be now?

Thanks, all!

THanks for the encouragement, Pete.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>That EED is what gets me. SInce im claiming something that Ive always complained about , and because I feel the C/P guy made an error in the old one is my main contention. The PE is something that's always been there, too, noted also in my wifes letter of support. Im just now doing something about it, but its noted in my records proiro to now.&nbsp;</div>