VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc K For Foot Drop

Rate this topic

Its amazing how if you don't ask the VARO they sure won't tell. I have foot drop in my records and spinal stenosis and whole lot of other things that still have not been addressed as a result of an active duty accident. Now I am thankful that I am TDIU. There are other benefits that I am entitled too as well as alot of you out there and it seems like the VARO will make you say rumplestilskin until you figure out you can receive them. Well that brings me to the question of the foot drop that is noted in my records at the VA facility that I am seen at. I also have a medical exam form that states it by my VA doc. Can I apply for the SMC K for foot drop. I mean I fell in a 15 foot hole as a result I lost my left foot, left leg, sciatica in both, partial right arm, shoulder problems, major back problems and vision change and social disability as well. It seems once I got out t that hole and and whacked my dag head I havent been right since. I had 20/20 vision and a year later I am wearing bifocols go figure... But let them tell it they will say I probally got a virus that caused it seeing they have no explanation and never wore glasses in my life before then or 14 years prior in the military. They let me walk around with a dam broke neck and told me before the MRI it was just arthritis. So what if I live in pain every min of a day, and they have none, so what if I am forever changed physically, socially, mentally, so what if I am partially paralyzed, after about 3 feet of use, left leg and foot is gone. At least I can get out of bed and the GABA has lowered my spasm in my back and legs. You think I should have my foot drop rated an smc K.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as I have recently learned foot drop won't get you loss of use. You would think that would make good sense at least thats what most medical literature says. Not the rater I had. So loss of use is on reconsideration. Someone threw the thought my way and I am brain storming it. I wonder if it would fly that way. I figure well I have been diagnosed by a few doctors with foot drop. I recently heard that you could apply for an SMC for it so I should qualify.....Thanks for the push.