VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Trust With Ptsd

Rate this question

USA Made 814

Question

I have been out for 20 years and these ghost just havent gone away and have finely wore me done to nothing of a man of who i once was. In April i started to go to the VA asking for help. And soon things moved fast and this brought up my guard. I was not fully upforth in my C/P visit for the thought of being locked up and labled a nut was their. I recived 30% forthis and as the trust and things come out with weekly visits with the doctor, meds and more talk. My question is this. It took me years to get to this point. Is it enough or is thier more? I have the worsed record ever in making choices and hopeing they are right. I am just a mean groupy pld man and loosing anouther family over it. let alone cant sleep and thinking of ending it 27/7. who can do it for me cause i suck at it..

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

USA Made,

Welcome , I am not really sure how to respond to your post other than to say you are not alone with the "ghost", thousands suffer with you every day. With that said, I sincerely hope that you seek the help you need in dealing with the PTSD, there is much help for you out there.

You have made the best step forward by seeking help through the VA, but you must be totally honest with your counselor, that is one choice that you make, you can be certain to be the right one........whether this involves hospitalization or more therapy, you must get the help you need in order to ever move on.

I hope you will post again with any questions you may have so others may chime in that have been in a similar situation.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. I trust people who have walked the same road with me. As far as trusting VA its very hard to do but you have to work on it.

• In Memoriam

USA Made 814, welcome to Hadit...

Claims are something that you almost have to do for yourself. There are VSO's (Veterans Service Organizations) that will help, somewhat, but you will have to become pro-active (get involved) with your claims process. There are also lawyers, after the initial claim is presented, that can help you. The hardest part is remembering when it comes to deadline dates..You must meet each deadline and show up for all appointments..

Hang-in-there. Hadit can help.

• HadIt.com Elder

A very wise man once told me this:

PTSD is a terrible condtion to have, especially if you let it control you. In order to survice one must control it.

How you do control it is to get help and take your meds. That will save a mans life.

That came from a retired RVN vet who had PTSD. He eventually died from AO cancer.

J

• Founder

You are so not alone! Many of us can relate. A couple of things I wanted to add, be honest with your pysch doctor and therapist, they've heard it all and unless you tell them all that is going on they will not be able to help and believe me they do help.

Second thing, if you are feeling so helpless as to be suicidal, get yourself to the emergency room and tell them. You can not let those thoughts play around in your head, they don't play nice and things can get out of control fairly fast. Just so you know I walk the talk, I did go the emergency room last year and checked in for a week turned out to be medication dosage issue.

You may also want to check another site called http://www.ptsdforum.org they have a forum and a lot of great articles. If you read through the forums you will see that you are not alone. Welcome Aboard.

I certainly agree with tbird.

Get yourself to the emergency room right away if you are having those type of thoughts. Take care of yourself "first" and then consider how to fight the VA "later." YOU are the most important thing right now.

Hang in there.

Gardener