VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Use List Outside Of Vietnam

Rate this question

alphahec

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Good Find!!! This could add a new class of veterans to the compensation list

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Three questions:

1. Is this the most up-to date list? (assuming all usage has been declassified)

2. This list does not indicate usage in Europe. Does anyone have a list of it's usage there?

3. If AO is used in an area, is that area always contaminated? (i.e. until a cleanup is performed)

• HadIt.com Elder

Three questions:

1. Is this the most up-to date list? (assuming all usage has been declassified)

2. This list does not indicate usage in Europe. Does anyone have a list of it's usage there?

3. If AO is used in an area, is that area always contaminated? (i.e. until a cleanup is performed)

I think that some was used in the Fulda (sp) Gap, in Germany, but I'm not sure!

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

This list has been out since 2003. We had an SVR show on this last year. James Cripps comes to mind as he was the service connected for AO exposure items like Chloracne based on his service at Fort Gordon Ga.

I am a little concerned about Fort Knox as a lot of soldiers trained in the fields that were defoliated by AO and they are unsure of what was used as it says Various. It also concerns me that Growing Up We had a farm 2 miles from fort Knox.

J

Edited by jbasser

Things have changed with this list as well-

I need to compare it to the list from NVLSP (hopefully their new VBM is being sent out soon-maybe more has been added) and also I need to check out the Alvin Young papers:

Yep James Cripes was exposed In Fort Gordon, many Thailand vets have succeeded in AO claims, and one who served in Alaska (The US Army Corps of Engineers sprayed part of the Alaskan pipeline with AO) was awarded for AO by the AMC.

(I am still baffled by that decision though. The AMC awarded an outside of Nam AO claim? Sounds like an oxymoron to even say AMC awarded anything.

Also A Fort Detrick vet was awarded 2 years ago and recently this claim was mentioned by Colonel Dan- I assumed someone already posted that info here.

If not I will post his email.

"If AO is used in an area, is that area always contaminated? (i.e. until a cleanup is performed)

THOMAS89031 "

The level of dioxin at Danang per the Hatfield Study 2-3 years ago- is 300 times HIGHER than it was during the war.

• HadIt.com Elder

"The level of dioxin at Danang per the Hatfield Study 2-3 years ago- is 300 times HIGHER than it was during the war"

YUP! That's because ALL the 55gal drums of it, that we buried out by the latrines, finally completely rusted through.

just sayin.................................:blink: