VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Military Rank Is Doesn't Match

teejay53

Question

hi all;

a friend of mine rank doesn't match. he went to get a new military id card yesterday and was told his dd-214 has e-1 and his id card (the card he has had since he was released from service in late 70's) has e-2. the gentleman who helped him yesterday said his rank showing on the record the va rep accessed showed 0 and nothing else. no one seems to know hoe to fix this so my friend can get a new military id card. my friend has a general discharge under honorable conditions.

i was told to contact the base he was released at, but the base (fort ord) closed in 1994.

any help from you all is greatly appreciated.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

i found the answer to my posting. if anyone else has this problem there is a va form you mail in with a copy of your dd-214 and military id.

it is form:

dd0149

APPLICATION FOR CORRECTION OF MILITARY RECORD UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF TITLE 10, U.S. CODE, SECTION 1552

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt/forms/eforms/dd0149.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

except for DIC the rank does NOT matter E6 and below get one rate and E7 and above get a higher rate of DIC benefits the ID card for disabled vets lets us all use MWR Commissary and PX facilities regardless of the rank

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah but I think if you want to use Officer's club & BOQ or NCO club you may need rank on your card. Below E-5 I don't think it matters. jmo

pr

except for DIC the rank does NOT matter E6 and below get one rate and E7 and above get a higher rate of DIC benefits the ID card for disabled vets lets us all use MWR Commissary and PX facilities regardless of the rank

Edited by Philip Rogers