VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vcaa Notice Response Nehmer Review

Rate this question

Donna

Question

My husband received a VACC Notice Response Nehmer review packet in the mail today. Also enclosed was the Declaration of Status of Dependents. I called his VSO and he said to return any new evidence supporting his claim, we sent in everything in April 2010 in support of his denied claim of 2006. Will be sending in the SSDI decision of total disability awarded in 2005 and my personal statement. I have a few more reports to submit regarding his AICD implant. We have nothing else new to submit. He said the Declaration is to confirm his marriage to me still exists. Question: His youngest daughter was 16 when he filed his claim and was denied. If they approve his claim and give him retro, will they take into consideration his child was a minor for a few of those retro years? Receiving this Nehmer Review was good news today.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

A child is eligible starting from the effecticve date. There is more info if the child is in college or went to college and you are awarded chapter 35 benefits.

This is great Donna.

Shows that VA is doing it's job and sooner than later on these IHD claims.