VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Happy Anniversary!

Rate this question

Quint7

Question

Since all of the mainstream news seems to have overlooked it, I want to wish anyone else on the board that was in the 1st Gulf a "happy" 20th anniversary.

I arrived Aug. 16th 1990 and was there til March 24th 1991. Turned 21 a week to the day before we went in on the ground. The worst part was the working parties that had to stay behind for a month after we left to clean our vehicles. Those poor guys were lucky to have a bus waiting for them by the time that they came back.

I haven't filed any Gulf War Syndrome claims yet. Just my knee, back and PTSD, but my stomach problems have never been figured out and I'm thinking of filing for it after my final appeal is done in a few months.

Jason

D co, 3 AA Bn (REIN)

7th MEB

Went in with 3rd Tanks and had A 1/7 on our vehicles.

Task Force Ripper.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Quint 7,

Happy Anniversary to you to !

4th LAI LAV TOW GUNNER

5TH MEB

Taxi Service USS MT VERNON LSD 39

Nov 90- July 91 With a stop in Bangladesh for Tsunami clean up

Sgt Sandman ,SEMPER FI

• HadIt.com Elder

It is sort of miserable to have been a veteran in a forgotten war. Korea and Vietnam vets get the same treatment. OIF/OEF have dragged on for so long they have sucked the oxygen out of the public's mind regarding war and veterans.

You just can't compete with 19 year old's being killed in a land where the people still live in the 12th century. This is the future: low intensity wars that never end. They just change location.

Ooh Rah Sandman! When I transferred to Pendleton in 92 to teach at Amtac school we used to charge the LAV guys a case of beer to pull them out of the mud. LOL You TOW guys were awesome there. I was with 3rd Tanks who still had M60's. Nobody told 2nd MarDiv that. Led to some scary incidents!

John999, thank you. My step-dad was a Vietnam vet too and I saw the effect it had on him and sadly I see that a lot in myself. He passed away from "unknown reasons" that my mom and I fought to get related to Agent Orange (and were successful thanks to this site!). Thank you for your service and help here.

TBird...... there isn't enough thanks in the world for you. This site should be mandatory for every troop getting out of the service. Thank you and your family for everything!

Maybe when the air and/or ground war dates come around we might rate a blurb on the news...........

I also want to wish other Gulf 1 vets happy anniversary...I got there 23 August 1990 left end of March 1991..

XVIII Airborne Corps Artillery

3Bn 27th Field Artillery Regiment

Charlie Battery

C-11 MLRS Launcher Section Chief

Supported 24th Mech during the ground war and advance into Iraq and the Euphrates River Valley toward Balad ,providing fire support and counter battery artillery fire..

Gridsmasher11

+Happy Anniversary!

My wife and I were both in the D.S. and now our daughter is about to graduate basic training and probably eventually head to the Middle East.

Forgive me if I can't remember all of my unit identifier I was a young wire dog (Commo guy) and was thrown in with a detachment under the 1st CSG, XVIII Airborne Corps. Nothing glorious or medal worthy but I was there all the same!

November 2, 1990 - Mid April 1991