VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Status - Ao Ihd Claim

Rate this question

jalexand

Question

Following my claim for compensation based upon IHD as a result of AO exposure which was filed in June of this year and having completed both the C & P exams and having provided the VA with extensive medical records substantiating the IHD I have now received official notification of my claim being placed on hold pending the out come of the legal requirements associated with placing the disease on the list of presumptives.

Here is the content of a letter I received from the DVA today.

Qoute:

We are working on your claim for:

. ischemic heart disease

"We have received your compensation claim for ischemic heart disease based on herbicide exposure. However, this disease has not yet been added to the Department of Veternans Affairs regulatons governing diseases presumptively associated with herbicide exposure. In order to add this disease, we must follow a series of legal requirements, including publishing a notice in the Federal Register. We have begun this process, but are holding your claim until these legal requrements have been met. When the process is complete, we will make a determination on your claim and provide you with notice of our desicion."

I would assume that everyone who has filed a claim thus far will receive a similar letter pending outcome of the proposed regulation.

Jim

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes _ I expect one too and NVLSP said we could all expect VCAA letters as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta, My RVN buddy got the same letter. On Hold.

Better than getting a quick denial as they are capable of sending out as they can rate, based on the current and outdated criteria.

J

I myself would love to see this letter in the mail, I filed last October and have had very little correspondence, not much other than notices saying we are still working on your compenstation claim, and the last one I received was better than 3 months ago. So I am hoping to see this same notice soon in the mail. I live in the DFW area so they may be really swamped at the VA here.

Personally I filed in Oct. of 09 for IHD and an EED but the VA somehow construed it to be a letter for increase and ended up giving me a C&P and granting 100% P&T but in doing so they also sent me acknowledgement that they will continue my claim form and EED and when the rules come out I will be considered for that.

I would like to see us that have filed and been denied get the letter that our member Donna got that stated her hubby was part of the Nehmer class!

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I got SC'ed for CAD as secondary to DMII due to AO exposure. I wonder if I should file a claim for my heart trouble due to presumtive AO rule. It won't make any difference in my rating. I wonder if I would have to go for another c&p exam? All my AO disabilites spring from the DMII so the VA says including PN and the CAD. That is what I used to get them SC'ed since that was the only way at the time.