VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P For Migraine Headaches

Rate this question

jhilly

Question

anyone know the reason for an examainer rubbing the side of your face and asking you to track a pen with your eyes during a c & p for migraine headaches..

also, can a VA doc force you into detox for alcohol abuse when you are being treated for PTSD???

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Don't know about the detox issue, but my neurologist uses the eye tracking to see if I'm taking my meds. She said during one session that if the furthest eye (pen going to your left = right eye) wavers at the most extreme left of the traking, it's an indicator that you're taking meds and other issues. That's all I really know - interesting question, though. I'll google and see what I can find.

anyone know the reason for an examainer rubbing the side of your face and asking you to track a pen with your eyes during a c & p for migraine headaches..

also, can a VA doc force you into detox for alcohol abuse when you are being treated for PTSD???

1) The examiner rubbing the side of your face and asking you to track a pen with your eyes

was doing a neurological test.

2) A doc can not force you into detox but may Baker act you for up to 72 hours, if they feel you are a danger to yourself or others.

A doc may also withhold any medications for treatment if they know you are drinking on a regular basis.

They will probably do blood work and check your alcohol/ethanol levels.

My first claim 15 years ago, was for headaches from Jet Fuel (JP-4), they sent me for a C&P, asked a few questions, felt my arms and granted me 50%..

Your posts/replies helped a lot...thx everyone...

also, I have been fighting for a rating for 6 yrs...Im at 40% now finally, but still working on some issues..this forum has truely helped me...I am more grateful to you

(the members) than any of you would think...

retiredat44...you know the reason for the test with your arms???

They always poke me.. I had more than one problem,, so I don't know if it was for tremors. edema. or??

The headaches were well documented when I was on active duty,, and I don't think the arm poking had much to do with headaches..

it seems I have had more poking than 99% of patients..

:blink:

Edited by retiredat44