VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet Center And Gaf

Rate this question

billy2

Question

I have posted in the past that I don't like going to the Vet Center and want to pack it in but I was advised

not to do that because I have a claim pending for an increase for my PTSD. My question today concerns

a GAF score. Does the psychogolist at the Vet center give a GAF score for our meetings? Who gives one?

Does the NP that I see for meds assign one? I know the Doctor that did the C&P gave me one. I don't want

to walk into the Vet Center and say everything is great because I don't want to be there and then get a GAF of 90.

Bill

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

GAF;s are only part of what is used to rate a Veteran. I think way to many worry about GAF's and defer treatment.

It is highly unlikely that anyone would assign a GAF based on group therapy.

My post did not refer to GAF used here, in fact it said no axis used in group therapy...it advised the pt to attend all therapies including group therapies. My components of awardance decision letters all have referrenced the % criteria used with GAF scoring PLUS the diagnosis and documentation via the psychologists/psychiatrist. I was encouraging attendance to all/anything that may help the vet with coping skills..."no axis used here, only in personal counseling sessions."

Gaf's in my region are very misleading. A component as I stated but, one looked at by all. Have you never received one with your grant/awardance letter?

DAV hooked me up to that a few yrs ago with how I had been lowballed, and they are not my VSO's.