VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Huh? Ihd And Ao Eed Claim

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I know I know. I have been at this a long time and should never call the 800# but I guess I just needed a laugh or nothing to do. Anyhow I have a claim in for an earlier effective date for my heart disease and with them finally sometime or other putting IHD as presumptive. I thought this would be a good time to get my heart disease with a start date other than the one I have now which is the date I had my Heart Attack Oct. 24,05.

I always thought that was rather stupid on my part to accept that from the VA but hey I had other things (like staying alive to worry about)!

Back in Oct. of 09 when they said it was going to be added I filed for an EED and of course the VA screwed it up and thought I was filing for an increase which turned out pretty good actually but I was still ticked that I have not gotten my EED correct. So when they did award me 100%P&T they asked if I still wanted to claim an EED? Well I said yes and they started a claim for me in March I think.

Anyhow no harm done because I am arguing that I had heart disease back in 03 when I first filed and that their testing just was not significant and almost ended up killing me.

Back to the 800 call, I had sent in an Iris and got some kind of cryptic answer so I asked again where was this claim status wise. I was really hoping to get them to send me a letter or tell me it was on hold until the new regs come out because it would fall under Nehmer. No such luck! When I called today the guy told me it was at the rater and has been there since the 13th!! Well I said are you sure and he said YES is there anything I can help you with??

Just proofs once again to those that don't believe it but calling the 800# is a Waste of time??

Still hoping for Nehmer and an answer to my Iris!!

Good luck all and if anything new is going on let us know for the good of ALL VETS!

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Received an IRIS this morning on a few things, one of them IHD and that it will fall under Nehmer on my husband's claim. And, received the "file date"

of 5/25/10 just like everyone else.. I think it's just an input date, anyone who has IHD related to AO could not possible have an ED of 5/24/10.

Thanks for the update.

• HadIt.com Elder

The whole IHD issue is, I'm sure going to be another one of the VA's major debacles before it's really in some sort of reasonable state of order.

Why?

Simply because of the amount of compensation that's involved. Nehmer is applicable, but, so far, the VA's ROs often conveniently "forget" to properly apply it.

There currently is a short time limit imposed by a recent court order (30 days+21 days) Starting at or around Aug 2 for the VA to get it's act together. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Received an IRIS this morning on a few things, one of them IHD and that it will fall under Nehmer on my husband's claim. And, received the "file date"

of 5/25/10 just like everyone else.. I think it's just an input date, anyone who has IHD related to AO could not possible have an ED of 5/24/10.

Thanks for the update.

• HadIt.com Elder

What's the big deal, it's coming. Anyone who had a claim for AO related illnesses or IHD should fall under Nehmer and should get an EED. If they haven't filed yet, they should. It's money in the bank . . . just can't/don't spend it, yet. jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

OK I agree it is going to be under Nehmer and I agree it will come when it comes. Not a big deal to me but I think it is to those wives that have lost their vets and to those who have been denied in the past!

My main point was they said mine was at the raters?? Now IF I am part of Nehmer how and why should I have a claim at the raters???

Going to the dentist now everyone have a nice day!

OK I agree it is going to be under Nehmer and I agree it will come when it comes. Not a big deal to me but I think it is to those wives that have lost their vets and to those who have been denied in the past!

My main point was they said mine was at the raters?? Now IF I am part of Nehmer how and why should I have a claim at the raters???

Just a guess, because I surely don't know - but, maybe they are rating some "no-brainer", but fully-developed claims that they already have so they will be ready when the presumptives are effective. Yep, I know....it sounds like a "once upon a time" thing - but it could happen!

Edited by JustPLS

• HadIt.com Elder

I just got a VCAA letter, on my IHD claim, and it states they still haven't decided how they are going to handle the claims. It is what it is and will happen when it happens. Sorry, stillhere, I wasn't picking on you! Perhaps I should have worded it better? Sorry!!!

pr