VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Huh? Ihd And Ao Eed Claim

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I know I know. I have been at this a long time and should never call the 800# but I guess I just needed a laugh or nothing to do. Anyhow I have a claim in for an earlier effective date for my heart disease and with them finally sometime or other putting IHD as presumptive. I thought this would be a good time to get my heart disease with a start date other than the one I have now which is the date I had my Heart Attack Oct. 24,05.

I always thought that was rather stupid on my part to accept that from the VA but hey I had other things (like staying alive to worry about)!

Back in Oct. of 09 when they said it was going to be added I filed for an EED and of course the VA screwed it up and thought I was filing for an increase which turned out pretty good actually but I was still ticked that I have not gotten my EED correct. So when they did award me 100%P&T they asked if I still wanted to claim an EED? Well I said yes and they started a claim for me in March I think.

Anyhow no harm done because I am arguing that I had heart disease back in 03 when I first filed and that their testing just was not significant and almost ended up killing me.

Back to the 800 call, I had sent in an Iris and got some kind of cryptic answer so I asked again where was this claim status wise. I was really hoping to get them to send me a letter or tell me it was on hold until the new regs come out because it would fall under Nehmer. No such luck! When I called today the guy told me it was at the rater and has been there since the 13th!! Well I said are you sure and he said YES is there anything I can help you with??

Just proofs once again to those that don't believe it but calling the 800# is a Waste of time??

Still hoping for Nehmer and an answer to my Iris!!

Good luck all and if anything new is going on let us know for the good of ALL VETS!

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Stillhere said:

"Anyhow no harm done because I am arguing that I had heart disease back in 03 when I first filed and that their testing just was not significant and almost ended up killing me."

I assume you claimed heart disease and they denied?

Or do you mean they didnt diagnose you at that time? testing not significant ????

Maybe page 15 of the Nehmer Training Gide would help you.

I have the problem that my husband's heart disease was never diagnosed or treated by VA. They knew he had ischemic heart disease however and they knew it caused his massive 1992 stroke.The evidence of IHD was clearly in his VA medical records via EKGs and ECHO etc. They just never dreamed anyone would find out,

I am sending VA today in support of the other evidence I have already sent them (FTCA stuff and 3 IMos ,IHD med recs etc etc)

(The VA has finally concurred he also had undiagnosed DMII as the cause of his IHD and CVA and death)

a copy of page 15 of the Nehmer training guide because as I understand this (and I spoke to a lawyer at NVLSP about this)

it states:

"A prior denial based on lack of diagnosis rather than lack of nexus falls within the scope of of the stipulation's requirement for readjudication."

Did you receive a lack of any heart related diagnosis and/or Diagnostic code in 2003 yet subsequent tests revealed it?

Exactly Berta, They said after a walking treadmill and a ekg that I did not have heart disease and in the SOC of the appeal they again denied except this time they said I did have hyperlipemia. In my records from a private cardio testing was a LVE of 50% and the VA never picked up on that in 03.

I think in your case it is pretty much a done deal and it would be better for all around to get you paid so they can continue to sweep it under the rug. Dam shame you and your husband did not know and he could have maybe got better treatment. Sorry to have to bring that up. But we all know why you are fighting so hard!!

Like I posted before I am concerned that the 800# is showing me at the raters??

I just got a VCAA letter, on my IHD claim, and it states they still haven't decided how they are going to handle the claims. It is what it is and will happen when it happens. Sorry, stillhere, I wasn't picking on you! Perhaps I should have worded it better? Sorry!!!

pr

No problem PR the VA has pretty much pushed that on us since Oct. 09 it will be done when it gets done. They should be the ones that are sorry!

"Exactly Berta, They said after a walking treadmill and a ekg that I did not have heart disease and in the SOC of the appeal they again denied except this time they said I did have hyperlipemia. In my records from a private cardio testing was a LVE of 50% and the VA never picked up on that in 03."

Hyperlipedimia can go hand in with DMII and/or heart disease.

Did you get private cardiac care ?because if you only got VA health care ,this sounds like they were negligent.

"I think in your case it is pretty much a done deal and it would be better for all around to get you paid so they can continue to sweep it under the rug. Dam shame you and your husband did not know and he could have maybe got better treatment. Sorry to have to bring that up. But we all know why you are fighting so hard!!"

Thanks Stillhere- I just re read the evidence I sent in with my IHD death claim and the Peer Review report (which the MF removed from the file for many years) MF --- ie Mysterious force :wacko:

that report was even worse than the OGC report.

You are right-if we only knew then what his condition really was.

We trusted them because they all had diplomas on the walls of their offices.

And the Pres at that time said VA had the best government -run health care system in the world.

yeah right