VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Healthy Vet

Rate this topic

Allan

I tolerate oxycodne pretty well. Like you said no oxycontin from the VA due to cost. I did not know about the theft by VA employees. So the VA makes us suffer for their lack of security. My pain doctor told me oxycontin was too addictive but the fentanyl, morphine and methadone is not addictive I guess. I knew they were lying and there had to be another reason. In Florida the demon drug is now oxycodone. It is Satan's spawn according to the media. There are tons of backdoor clinics that will prescribe it on a cash and carry basis. No insurance accepted.

I think the cash and carry doctors are hurting every american that needs pain meds. It's a shame that they still allow them to do this!

From what I heard, Florida is the place to get pain meds!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

Have you tried Janumet for your sugar? It works pretty good and of course the VA doesn't

carry it. My VA in West Haven only gives you 50 test strips for 90 days to test your sugar.

I asked the fellow at the pharmacy and he said thats all you get and you will have to buy

them on the outside. How do you test your sugar, every other day. I don't test every day

but there are some days that you feel like crap and you may test it 5 times because its high

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

I solved the test strip problem quite easily. I asked how many times did Doc want to test she told me and I asked her to order the exact amount.I am supposed to test 3 times a day and that is 2 boxes plus a month.

• HadIt.com Elder

e4766,

[Who did you talk to at your VA? ]

You need to contact the FEE BASIS dept at the VAMC that treats you.

They are the ones responcible to pay for outside the VAMC treatment or testing.

John,

[My pain doctor told me oxycontin was too addictive but the fentanyl, morphine and methadone is not addictive I guess.]

Oxycontin is highly addictive if your crushing it up and shooting it in your vains like any common street junky.

If taken as prescribed, it has far less side effects during usage and withdrawal than the others.

For almost a year, the VAMC would send my prescription of long acting Morphine, than be a month late sending it. Calling them and telling them I was having severe withdrawal symtoms did no good. They just acted like I was a drug addict, even though it was them forgetting to send it that put me there. They can be cold sometimes. They did this off and on for a yr or so. Than changed it so I had to call every month in order to get it. At least this kept them from forgetting to send it.

I know very well about morphine and metadone withdrawals from their lack of sending the prescriptions out on time.

I have to see my private Dr every two months to make sure i'm not abusing the medication and taking more than prescribed and the VAMC Dr checks with blood test to see how much is showing up in the blood. I don't worry about any of it because I have never taken more than prescribed. Thats when you get in trouble.

Pain meds do not get rid of pain for one thing. They only dull it enough to function. Somedays that doesn't happen either for me.

One thing also. The more you take, the more you need. It's better to suffer through the day than to have your body get to used to the drug. Thats when it will quit working for you.