VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Tdiu Success

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I met a vet via emails on the old hadit board in the days when I could handle email claims.

He dealt with the same capricious and arbitrary RO I did.

His claim was at the VARO for NINE YEARS!!! I thought my seven years there was awful but 9 years passed and he was transferred to the BVA.

I just heard from him. He was granted TDIU by the BVA and they also deferred some other issues which I think had been previously granted but he went after a better EED.They are considering 1991 EED.and maybe even 1985.

I think ( I forget now exactly what we did on this claim- he did get a great IMO-I think we used Newly discovered service records - the VA made a statement on newly discovered service records while his claim was in progress and I am pretty sure I sent him that reg.It is searchable here.

It was not a new regulation, just a more defined rendition by the VA of an older reg.

In any event- even though he had some difficult issues- Persistence and medical evidence do Pay Off!

While his claim was in process he started to help other vets with their claims.

My point ----No one should EVER give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the TDIU form ,in any claim where there is possibility for TDIU regardless of SC percentage -should be filed

YESTERDAY!!!!!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question