VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hitting A Wall With Gabapentin And Meloxicam

Rate this topic

E couldn't take Gabapentin either, so somehow his neurology Dr got Lyrica approved because it's not on the formulary list. This really works for him and he's not as sleepy during the day I don't think there is anything out there that totally takes the pain away. Sorry, hope you find something to help you.

Carolyn

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topomax 200 mg works for my severe foot neuropathy. My PCP had me on 100 mg atenelol for Hbp and that had me in lala land. She cut it back to 50 mg and I'm fine now.

• HadIt.com Elder

Gabapentin works good for me. For some Lyrica a new version of gabapentin is something to try.

If the neuropathy is consented to service it is a claim.

That is true. Im SC for right leg, but I have notes and complaints going back to before I discharged noting 'legs' not 'leg'. I finally filed for bilateral radiculopathy in July and was denied, but its on appeal right now. They said since my EMG came up negative that they couldn't make a determination-I countered with," I was discharged for degenerative disc and lumbar radiculopathy in L5/S1 and L3-4-how is it not service connected? I'm rated 10% for my right foot, and that rarely shows up on an EMG because its small fiber neuropathy, not large fiber neuropathy. Notes from in service exams noting 'bilateral dysisthesias' are already in my service records".

We'll see what happens.

Gabapentin works good for me. For some Lyrica a new version of gabapentin is something to try.

If the neuropathy is consented to service it is a claim.