VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Information Request

Rate this question

VNVetwife

Question

Can anyone please explain what 100% Schedular is ,,and how is that different from P%T or TDIU or IU.??? How do each effect benefits ,monthly pay and medical benefits.?? Thanks in advance for any information anyone can give.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Basically veterans that are awarded 100% schedular most likely have disability ratings that are rated around 230% but VA combines their ratings and only pays them 100%.

TDIU/IU is when a veteran is rated service connected and is less than 100% but their condition is so severe that VA awards them TDIU/IU and pays them the 100% rate. The veteran is considered unemployable.

P & T is when a veteran has a disability that is reasonably certain to continue throughout his or her life. P & T adds Military MWR ID Card, dependent education (CH 35), dependent health care (CHAMPVA), Life Insurance, and state benefits (Check your state).

A veteran can be awarded 100% schedular and P & T and

A veteran can be awarded 100% TDIU P & T

If I missed something others will chime in.

Edited by pacmanx1

Basically veterans that are awarded 100% schedular most likely have disability ratings that are rated around 230% but VA combines their ratings and only pays them 100%.

TDIU/IU is when a veteran is rated service connected and is less than 100% but their condition is so severe that VA awards them TDIU/IU and pays them the 100% rate. The veteran is considered unemployable.

P & T is when a veteran has a disability that is reasonably certain to continue throughout his or her life. P & T adds Military MWR ID Card, dependent education (CH 35), dependent health care (CHAMPVA), Life Insurance, and state benefits (Check your state).

A veteran can be awarded 100% schedular and P & T and

A veteran can be awarded 100% TDIU P & T

If I missed something others will chime in.

Thank You Very Much for replying to my post,,,Thank you for information,,you explained it very good ,,I can understand it a lot better now. .

I would also like to point out that the rate of comp is the same whether you are 100% or 70% being paid at 100% the only time extra monies become a factor is when there is additions such as dependents and SMC benefits.

Also when you get 100% your disabled insurance through the VA is free for the first 10,000 and you are allowed to purchase an additional 10,000.

I would also like to point out that the rate of comp is the same whether you are 100% or 70% being paid at 100% the only time extra monies become a factor is when there is additions such as dependents and SMC benefits.

Also when you get 100% your disabled insurance through the VA is free for the first 10,000 and you are allowed to purchase an additional 10,000.

Thank You for replying to my post ,,this information is very helpful ,,Thanks again

A claimant can also be rated 100% schedular by meeting the criteria for 100% w/one disability, as I am, 100% for PTSD, alone.

pr

Thanks for replying to my post,,My husband is 30% Pstd and 20% DMII,,and we think he will be around 60% ,,when this new 3 presumptives diseases goes into effect.,,His claim is for IHD.... I think that will put in up to 80% by VA math.....We are wondering where to wait until he is rated on IHD and goes in effect,, before he applies for IU,, or to go ahead and file for it now ,,we thought if he goes ahead now it might slow the claim down....Do you think that will slow down the claim he has in already for IHD ??