VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Information Request

Rate this question

VNVetwife

Question

Can anyone please explain what 100% Schedular is ,,and how is that different from P%T or TDIU or IU.??? How do each effect benefits ,monthly pay and medical benefits.?? Thanks in advance for any information anyone can give.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

VNVetwife

Thanks for replying to my post,,My husband is 30% Pstd and 20% DMII,,and we think he will be around 60% ,,when this new 3 presumptives diseases goes into effect.,,His claim is for IHD.... I think that will put in up to 80% by VA math.....We are wondering where to wait until he is rated on IHD and goes in effect,, before he applies for IU,, or to go ahead and file for it now ,,we thought if he goes ahead now it might slow the claim down....Do you think that will slow down the claim he has in already for IHD ??

When was the claim for his IHD filed? Has he had a C & P exam for IHD? Do you know if his claim is waiting to be rated yet? This information would help, by filing a claim for IU, could slow down the rating decision for IHD but would need to know the answers to questions above. On the other hand, by not filing a claim for IU now, you could/would be losing money by not setting the earliest effective date.

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder

A common misconception is the plain fact that a Veteran does not have to be either 100 percent or TDIU to be rated Permanent and total.

Example: A Veteran lost an extremity in service. The VA 100 percent P and T's the lost extremity. Then after the fact the VA rates the extremity at 30 percent. The extremity is not going to grow back so the Permanent and total should not be severed.

The 100 percent is only a rating. What counts is the permanent and total. That opens the door to the Chapter 35 and champ VA benefits.

J

A common misconception is the plain fact that a Veteran does not have to be either 100 percent or TDIU to be rated Permanent and total.

Example: A Veteran lost an extremity in service. The VA 100 percent P and T's the lost extremity. Then after the fact the VA rates the extremity at 30 percent. The extremity is not going to grow back so the Permanent and total should not be severed.

The 100 percent is only a rating. What counts is the permanent and total. That opens the door to the Chapter 35 and champ VA benefits.

J

J,

As you know I am the new kid on the block and trying to learn as fast as I can. This is great information, basically you are saying that when a veteran is awarded P & T, it will most likely not be severed? Since the definition itself states that the condition is reasonably certain to continue throughout the veterans life.

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Pete, the condition must be considred static. Say a Veteran is rated p and T for kidney disease and is on dialysis. The P aand T part is awarded. Now the Vet gets a Kidney transplant and the implanted Kidney restores function then the VA will consider severing the P and T. The only certainty is items that cannot be repaired like Limbs, Including neorological defiicits that control the limbs or other organs.

J

Jbasser

Well, I never knew this little bit of info. Thanks for the explanation!

J

My husband is 30%PTSD and 20% DMII,,,Also has a claim in for IHD ,,just waiting on ratings and when V A get ok from the CRA to start paying comp,for it ........Pretty sure he wll get a 60% rating on IHD because of EF 45%.,,,,,I believe this would quailify him for IU ,,but what would be the chance for P&T ??,,since that would also give more benefits such as ChampVA, for Me and our disabled son,,that has been disabled all of his life .Any information on this would be appreciated.........Thanks in advance