VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

An 54

Rate this question

rotorhead

Question

The new presumtive bill is no longer at OMB, look for it to be published as final rule on MONDAY!!!!!!!! Going to be a very good christmas for some very derserving veterans.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The new presumtive bill is no longer at OMB, look for it to be published as final rule on MONDAY!!!!!!!! Going to be a very good christmas for some very derserving veterans.

Thanks for the update rotorhead!!

I'm new to this forum as a contributer. I have been watching it close since I discovered that VA was adding three New Presumptives. I had a heart attack back in March of 2005. I was granted total SS Disability for Ischemic Heart disease to that date. I sent in a claim for IHD and was denied in a letter dated November 8, 2005. Last week August 20, 2010 VA contacted me and told me that my record was with the Nehmer group at the VA in Muskogee OK. I asked would nehmer be applied to the "New Presumptives" and was told point blank that it would. I have been checking the OMB daily and discovered today that the Review was completed on Aug 25, 2010. I have been told that those who qualify may start recieving checks by the end of October since the Final Rules were completed in October. The following information is a copy and paste from the OMB's review:

Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA)

Executive Order Submissions with Review Completed in Last 30 Days

August 28, 2010

Department of Veterans Affairs

AGENCY: VA RIN: 2900-AN54 TITLE: Diseases Associated With Exposure to Certain Herbicide Agents (Hairy Cell Leukemia and Other Chronic B Cell Leukemias, Parkinson’s Disease, and Ischemic Heart Disease) STAGE: Final Rule ECONOMICALLY SIGNIFICANT: Yes RECEIVED DATE: 07/08/2010 LEGAL DEADLINE: Statutory COMPLETED: 08/25/2010 COMPLETED ACTION: Consistent with Change

hey darling...I am helping a Vet to get his benefits and he was in the blue water navy. He has prostate cancer and Diabetes...Does this include him? I need to know this so I can help him out...he can't do much and I am his legs..before mine die too! LOL

Thank you

Marti

A helping Vet her self:wink:

• HadIt.com Elder

Blue water navy....it won't be presumptive for AO via Vietnam/Blue water. He will have to show he set foot on Vietnam soil.

Blue water navy....it won't be presumptive for AO via Vietnam/Blue water. He will have to show he set foot on Vietnam soil.

john999 is correct. A crew member aboard a Vietnam era Blue water vessel must show their ship either docked at a VN port or traveled the brown waters of Vietnam during that era. There is a bill in congress to bring Blue Water Navy under the AO presumptive but no one knows at this time how it will fare.  Track    H.R. 2254:    Agent Orange Equity Act of 2009  

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA makes AO diseases presumptive for Blue Water Navy it will mean billions in disability. That is the complete bottom line. Not the science but the dollars. If they can kick it down the road another ten years there will many fewer vets to try and collect. This is their twisted and sick dream. Wait the vets out until they die off and then deal with the aging widows except ones like Berta.