VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Info On Service Connection

Rate this question

red

Question

Hello to all, I have not posted in a while but read the posts every day. Now I am trying to help a friend. He spent two years active duty in the Navy and 22 years in the Navy reserve and is retired from this service.

'

This vet has 20% disability now due to a serious hearing disability which was determined to be service connected. He has applied for more disability using a heart bypass, stints in his legs for his reason. He applied for this five years ago, has not heard anything and is about ready to give up. Since then, (last week) he had to have his neck arteries operated on due to blockage. My question is this: Is it possible that he will get a % due to the non service conditions that he applied for 5 years ago. Should he send in his latest operation,(neck artery operation), do you think he has a chance of gaining a higher rating with the non service connected things that he has sent i and not heard from for five years. He contacted his local senator which did not help at all. He is ready to give up. He is using the dav's of America to help him. Should he join the Am. Legion and use them?

Does anyone have the 800 number for him to call and check on his status? I do not want him to give up. Any help from this great board would be appreciated. I hope all of you are doing well. Red

P.S. Should he try to connect something else that resulted from his service connected hearing disability?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question