VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Temporary

Rate this question

texal1

Question

I'M ON TEMPORARY 100% DISABILITY FOR PROSTATE CANCER, PTSD 50%, TINNITIS 10% AND HEARING LOSS 0%. PROSTATE CANCER LONGER THAN FIVE YEARS. VA PROPOSED A REDUCTION TO 60% FOR RESIDUALS, BRINGING THE PROPOSED TOTAL TO 80%. I'M FIGHTING THE PROPOSED REDUCTION. IF I DO NOT WIN THE REDUCTION, WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO FILE FOR IU? WILL IT AUTOMATICALLY BE CONSIDERED WITH THE REDUCTION, OR WILL I HAVE TO WAIT AND FILE AFTER THE NOTIFICATION. HOPEFULLY I WILL WIN AND DON'T HAVE TO FILE, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BE PREPARED.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"SOME GOOD NEWS WAS THE JUDGE AND MY VSO REP BOTH AGREED ON RECORD, FILING FOR IU TO SOLVE THIS SITUATION"

That IS good news= personally I feel that it is far easier for VA to consider and award TDIU in some cases then attempt to

award many separate conditions.

It depends on what those other conditions are however.

I assume but might be all wrong- was your prostate % lowered because you have no residuals they could rate after treatment?

If you mean prostate cancer , there are many positive treatments these days for it and it is a god thing- even to have the rating lowered because it means the cancer is not disabling you any more.

I sure hope they award you TDIU!

BERTA,

THE PROPOSAL WAS TO REDUCE MY 100% PROSTATE CANCER TO 60% FOR RESIDUALS, I ALSO HAVE PTSD 50%, THE TINNITIUS 10%, AND SMC FOR LOSS OF ORGAN. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP. HAVE A GOOD THANKSGIVING.

BERTA,

THE PROPOSAL WAS TO REDUCE MY 100% PROSTATE CANCER TO 60% FOR RESIDUALS, I ALSO HAVE PTSD 50%, THE TINNITIUS 10%, AND SMC FOR LOSS OF ORGAN. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP. HAVE A GOOD THANKSGIVING.

Congratulations for a successful claim. I might be out of line but how long did it take the "temporary" 100% to come back? Reason being i had put in for it in May after SC Back Surgery and wanted a general Idea on the turn around time. I know every case and claim is different just asking. Also wish everyone happy Thanksgiving

GREAT NEWS TODAY. BIG BROWN ENVELOPE ARRIVED. GRANTED "ENTITLEMENT TO INDIVIDUAL UNEMPLOYMENT". A GREAT BIG "THANK YOU" TO ALL ON HADIT. WITH THEIR ADVICE, ENCOURAGEMENT AND EVERYTHING ELSE ALL OF YOU PROVIDED. FROM THE VERY START, YOU ALL SAID DON'T GIVE UP AND KEEP ON KEEPING ON. FIGHT FOR OUR WELL EARNED BENEFITS, I HOPE THIS VICTORY WILL ALSO ENCOURAGE OTHERS NOT TO RETREAT IN THE EVER ONGOING BATTLE.

BUT, I DO HAVE A QUESTION ON THE DECISION. MY FORMER TEMPORARY RATING OF 100%( PROSTATE CANCER) WAS LOWERED TO 60%. STILL, I HAVE A TOTAL OF 80%. MAY QUESTION IS "RECEIVING IU WILL MY SPOUSE RECEIVE ANY BENEFITS"?

"BASIC ELIGIBILITY TO DEPENDENTS' EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE IS GRANTED EFFECTIVE NOV.22, 2010 AS THE EVIDENCE SHOWS YOU CURRENTLY HAVE TOTAL SERVICE-CONNECTED DISABILITIES, PERMANENT IN NATURE.

DOES THIS MEAN "IU PT"? NOTHING ABOUT ANY FUTURE EXAMS.

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE.

Yes, it means you have IU P&T!

Great news!!!