VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On How Hpb Affects Ptsd

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I am SC for Hypertension with Migraines secondary to the BP spikes. When I go through someting that triggers my PTSD bam I get a migraine but stress also sets me off I take like 3 BP meds now. I was told that I could claim the PTSD even though it is not SC but does cause onset of Migraines and HBP. I am considering applying for PTSD that aggrivate the SC Hypertension. Any thoughts send yhem my way Also my wife is having Brain surgery thursday Morning at Emerey so any prayers just think of her. We have 2 children I need her aroundl Adios have a good day I considier you all my extended family you put up with me when I get a little loopy...Adios...

I forgot to add that I was medicaly retired on account of the PTSD with Migraines but I had one rep who I realy did not get along with told me the claim for Disability back to the date I retired would do me no good. Any thoughts? Thanks adios.....

Edited by oldman273

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello I am SC for Hypertension with Migraines secondary to the BP spikes. When I go through someting that triggers my PTSD bam I get a migraine but stress also sets me off I take like 3 BP meds now. I was told that I could claim the PTSD even though it is not SC but does cause onset of Migraines and HBP. I am considering applying for PTSD that aggrivate the SC Hypertension. Any thoughts send yhem my way Also my wife is having Brain surgery thursday Morning at Emerey so any prayers just think of her. We have 2 children I need her aroundl Adios have a good day I considier you all my extended family you put up with me when I get a little loopy...Adios...

I forgot to add that I was medicaly retired on account of the PTSD with Migraines but I had one rep who I realy did not get along with told me the claim for Disability back to the date I retired would do me no good. Any thoughts? Thanks adios.....

You are correct, the aggravation factor. When you get migraines, usually the BP jumps. Mine jumps sometimes to 200 / 170. All you need ios a DOc to nexus it.

J

"I forgot to add that I was medicaly retired on account of the PTSD with Mi"

"I was told that I could claim the PTSD even though it is not SC"

Do you mean you were medically retired from the Mil? or from an employer post service?

This is a CFR from one of Carlie's posts- there are discussions here at hadit if you search under 'aggravation'.

38 C.F.R.

§ 3.310 authorizes a grant of service connection not only for disability caused by a service-connected disability, but for the extent of additional disability resulting from aggravation of a non service-connected disability by a service-connected disability.

"I forgot to add that I was medicaly retired on account of the PTSD with Mi"

"I was told that I could claim the PTSD even though it is not SC"

Do you mean you were medically retired from the Mil? or from an employer post service?

Thanks for both post My PTSD is non Service connected but I was told that if my Blood pressure is effected when I am having problems, stress, aniexity migraines do come on. I am not sure if it is a valid claim That is why I come here as to get my claims straight, thanks for any help. James Owens