VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Ptsd Concerns

Rate this question

duke3913

Question

Real quick about me. I'm a two time vet and purple heart recipient. I have filed for ptsd, tbi, and tinninitus. I only filed after hearing from a VA doctor after an MRI that I had three spots of damage on the left side of my brain. I knew I had symptoms of PTSD but I muscle through them and have found ways to overcome my memory loss etc etc etc. I've been blown up on 4+ documented occasions and the last time exposed I sustained a blast from an efp which riddled my left side of my body with shrapnel. My kevlar stopped a large portion of the material thankfully or I wouldn't be here to write this. During my c&p exam I have the psychologist stating I suffer from possible TBI however she can't diagnose that as it's not her specialty. After that examination I walk into the neurologist examination and he states after all is said and done that he believes I suffer from PTSD. Uhhhhh.Ok.... Not one time is my MRI brought up and I think I screwed myself by not opening up completely. I never began this for compensation only treatment. I'm an honest person that wants to work for a living and currently I'm a police officer so I find it difficult to admit to disabilities or symptoms as I don't want them to somehow interfere with my civilian career. A career that I have excelled in since leaving active duty. So I'm just wondering if anyone else feels they have received the same treatment and what their outcomes were.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Duke:

The best reason for partial ratings is to establish the rating and open the door if you need it later.

From your info you are certainly due ratings on several issues.

Good Luck

Never forget that anything you get from VA was earned

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

See if you can find a good service officer (rare breed), and file your Claims ASAP. Do not delay. If your medical conditions deteriorate, you will want to be service-connected so that you can file for an Increase. Protect yourself and your loved ones, and file your claims now. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Think ahead 20 years from now if you conditions get worse. You don't want to start from scratch with compensation claims with a 20 year gap. I would claim each and every service connected condition. My conditions did not really close in on me until I was almost 50 and then I ended up on SSD and fighting with the VA for more compensation. I did have lots of treatment records through private doctors, but I did not really go for it until I could not work. That is way too late. If you have a good job and are able try and get disability insurance. If the insurance company won't accept you then you know that they believe you will cost them one day. When you really are down and out the officials you look to for help will run the other way unless you have their backs to the wall. Uncle Sam is the first one to turn his back and pretend you are from Outer Mongolia...."What, another greedy vet with his hand out?".