VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Denied, Some Help

Rate this question

tugboat

Question

I was not fit for voc rehab, have a gaf in the 30s, cannot return to work. Applied for IU but it was denied because i am received 50% pay through short/long term disability. No one mentioned this was a show stopper while applying. The company I work for has replaced my position. I am awaiting SSD, and provided letters that were never reviewed stating. 1. that I should have been medically retired due to my condition. 2 that i am unemployable. Is there anything I can do? I cannot stop one payment and hope to receive another. I am 70% right now.

The reasoning was that my company still condsiders me an employee, so the va considers me fit for employment.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The money you receive has nothing to do with it.

This was the show stopper - ....."The reasoning was that my company still condsiders me an employee, so the va considers me fit for employment"

As long as you are on the company roles, you are still an employee.........have you applied to be medically retired?

The Voc rehab will be a big help, but not until you are off the company roles or can at least show that you have applied for medical retirement.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you get disability payments through some group policy via your company they will probably reduce payments when you get SSD and IU. When you get disability retirement pension your insurance will probably be reduced. I bought private disability insurance 25 years ago, and those suckers are still paying me without reduction. The kind of policy I got is hard to find now.