VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Proving Limited Vietnam

Rate this question

Berta

Question

The new VBM has an enhanced Chapter on obtaining Military records.

They make this point-that any vet claiming AO exposure who had only brief visitation to Vietnam or stopover flight etc, should contact JSRRC (unless the VA does)-I think they should contact JSRRC themselves-if they are Army or Air Force

(and NVLSP says they can even use a VA form 21-4138 to do this and mail it to JSRRC)-

the point that these request are "critical" to many claims where Vietnam 'boots on ground' must be proven.

The request must contain as much detailed info as possible as to time, and place and circumstances on the visitation or stop over.

I have posted the Address and phone numbers at hadit many times for JSRRC and they are available under search.

Any Marine or Navy vets however should write their request for verification of Vietnam Visitation to

Commandant of the Marine Corps

Headquarters United States Marine Corps

Personnel Management Support Branch

MMSB10

2008 Elliot Rd

Suite 201

Quantico, Va. 22134-5030

1-800-268-3710

Fax 1-703-784-5792

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I have a feeling that time in Nam is going to start getting a significant look by Congress and is one of the examples that Webb was harping on.

May not effect those that have already been awarded but those in the future awards are going to get looked at harder. This is my honest opinion and NO I do not have anything except gut feeling to back it up.

I do plan on being at the senate meeting on the 23rd so I will get to see first hand.

I have a feeling that time in Nam is going to start getting a significant look by Congress and is one of the examples that Webb was harping on.

May not effect those that have already been awarded but those in the future awards are going to get looked at harder. This is my honest opinion and NO I do not have anything except gut feeling to back it up.

I do plan on being at the senate meeting on the 23rd so I will get to see first hand.

Please post us anything you find out at the hearing ,I;m glad someone in here, is actually going to be there, to get a first hand view on all talks that will take place. Thank You,, stillhere ,,for going, and I know you will fii us in on everything that is talked about.

The hearing might be in live stream video - it will definitely be in S VAC archives for anyone with a media player on their PC.

H VAC hearings are easy to access live at the H VAC site so I hope this hearing will be too.

OK just talked to a young staffer for the committee and she said there will be times for questions and answers portion. Also because I where a hearing aid they want me there early so the can get me seated up close and they offer a hearing aid loop and hearing amplifiers.

One of the things that might really get pushed at this meeting could well be the vets that had literally one boot on ground or only there for 1 day or even less than an hour. A time limit very well could come out of these meetings. I am sure Webb will make these a very big push to credit his actions.

He has already said that he believes the exposure to AO should only be for combat and certain support groups that were in the heavier sprayed areas. I could be wrong but I do think there will be some changes in the areas of time spent in country and location.

I will be out of town from the 16th - 21st so limited web involvement but please send any questions you may want to ask to me by PM on this board and I will see if I can get some answers and post them the next day.

I hope and pray we vets come out of this OK!!