VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lets Do A Poll..list Your Claim # (Except For The Last 3Or 4 Numbers

Rate this question

THOMAS89031

Question

I'm thinking that claims that fall under Nehmer that were previously denied or not considered compensatable prior to final rules published on 31Aug2010; have 8 digits to them.

As an example, my claim # is 27267XXX (8 digits)

If they were using your SSn; claim number would have 9 digits.

If they were using your serial #, it would have 7 digits.

The above is just my opinion...

Tom

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Thomas this is no big deal to me but if it helps my claim is and has always been my SS. I have been on disability only since 03.

I was 60% for cad secondary to DM2 and just increased to 100% P&T nothing has change since day one of my claim.

If your claim is only 8 digits when was it applied to your claim? That should pretty much answer the question.

Again this is no big deal to me and I apologize if I got you worked up on anything. I know you are just trying to help.

Good luck on your claim!

Same here, claim # is SSN, always has been, and is on the claim denied in 2006. Same # on letter says claim is on hold until presumtives are law.

Dave

I'm thinking the only way to determine if you are Nehmer eligible is to wait till the rating comes in early November.

Edited by rotorhead

I am assuming that any Claim number is the same as your existing file number, at least that is the way it appears on the documantation I have received. I have an 8 digit file number that was extablished back in 1969 and it has never changed. The only thing different is that prior to the file number it says "In reply, refer to: 326/pre/ab" and then lists my 8 diget file number. Of course I have no idea what the 326/pre/ab stands for.

I wonder now that they have published the rule if they will begin processing and rating the claims, or will they continue to sit on them pending the 60 day CRA?

Jim

I called the 800 # last week and even got a second opinion from a second call-because I had no formal letters from the VA yet on Nehmer.

The second call not only confirmed the recent claim was sent to Nehmer Co-ordinators in Phila already but when I asked status of a CUE claim I have had pending for 6 years they gave me the name,and phone number of the Nehmer co- ordinator in Phila who has both of these claims as the CUE claim too falls under Nehmer.

My claim is unusual in many respects so this specific co-ordinator is probably just handling AO death claims.

If you were denied in the past on a date that conforms to the Nehmer class Action, and have proven AO exposure, there is good chance VA has pulled the past denial by now.

I was denied in the past but sent a formal claim in anyhow becase I diont think any vet should depend on VA accurately pulling all past denials that now fall under Nehmer.

NVLSP , in the new VBM advises that too.

They were the lawyers who won Nehmer.

Jalexand-"In reply, refer to: 326/pre/ab"

This is te numerical code for your VARO. I think the PRE might mean pre regulation and the ab is the initials of whoever is working on your claim.