VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received A Big White Envelope Today From Va

Rate this question

Cherie33

Question

Hello My Fellow Veterans,

I received a letter today from the VA, stating that they are working on my claim for *Permanent and Total Status & Seizures as secondary to my service connected depression condition.

In addition to alot of explainations and evidence they need, They also mentioned "Examples of evidence that you should tell us about or give to us that may affect how we assign a disability evaluation include the following:" (1) being Recent Social Security determinations.

Now, I indeed have a letter from Social Security stating that my disability began Jan. 2006 (which was the date estabished that I no longer engaged in substantial gainful activity. ) Social Security states my severe impairments are: recurrent major depression with psychotic features (which I am 50% disabled through the VA), a post traumatic stress disorder with agoraphobia; (which I am being treated for through the VA Heathcare system, but not given a disability percentage); irritable bowel syndrome (which I am 30% disabled through the VA); migraine headaches (which I am being treated for through the VA Healthcare System, but not given a disability percentage); gastroesphageal reflux disease, (which i am being treated for through the VA Heathcare system and again have not received a percentage for); and a seizure disorder (vs. psychogenic pesudoseizures), which I am claiming as secondary to my major depressive disorder and I have been diagnosed through the VA hospital doctors.

Sorry, for the long stuff. Anyway, my question is, will submitting the Social Security letter help with the P & T as well as the Seizure disorder that I am claiming? And, should I also include all of the hospital ER visits and admissions? As well as being paralyzied for a few months and needing physical and occupational therapy as a direct result of the pesudoseizures?

Thanks so much for your input.

Cherie33

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question