VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2900-An54 And The Cra

Rate this question

N4XV

Question

Just got a call from my Congresswoman about an email I sent to her in regards to 2900-AN54 and the CRA. She assured me that there is no way congress will go for a resolution to disapprove the final rule. I asked about when she thought the VA would start payments on this and she said the end of October. She seemed very confident that is a done deal. She has always been a very active veteran advocate in congress and I think her info is reliable. 

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

On page 3 of this document and I quote.........

"However, VA now knows that based on the publication date of the final rulemaking the timing will not allow payments to begin prior to FY 2011. As a result, VA expects FY 2010 and FY 2011 costs will both now occur in FY 2011. These costs include retroactive benefit costs in the first year and increased benefit costs for veterans currently on the rolls."

Does that mean we will see no money until 2011 sometime?????

Bob

Just put up on GAO site:http://www.gao.gov/d...le/d101047r.pdf

Not much, but there is movement.

On page 3 of this document and I quote.........

"However, VA now knows that based on the publication date of the final rulemaking the timing will not allow payments to begin prior to FY 2011. As a result, VA expects FY 2010 and FY 2011 costs will both now occur in FY 2011. These costs include retroactive benefit costs in the first year and increased benefit costs for veterans currently on the rolls."

Does that mean we will see no money until 2011 sometime?????

Bob

FY 2011 actually starts Oct. 1st., 2010. The 60 day delay on payments will end on or about Oct. 30, 2010 and payments should start on or shortly after Oct. 31, 2010. We should be hearing about success stories and payments being made in early Nov., 2010. 

Whew, I feel better........Thanks

:biggrin:

FY 2011 actually starts Oct. 1st., 2010. The 60 day delay on payments will end on or about Oct. 30, 2010 and payments should start on or shortly after Oct. 31, 2010. We should be hearing about success stories and payments being made in early Nov., 2010.

Whew,  I feel better........Thanks

:biggrin:

ranger43 it seems there is a lot of confusion about the 60 day delay and the Congressional Review Act. Sen, Webb's amendment only prevents funding the final rule for 60 calendar days from the effective date of the rule. The effective date of the rule is Aug. 31, 2010 and 60 days from that date is Oct. 30, 2010. On Oct. 31 the funding will be available to the VA for payment of claims. The CRA allows for 60 session days or legislative days, which ever is longer, to overturn the rule by a Joint Resolution of Disapproval. It is highly unlikely a Joint Resolution of Disapproval will happen on this issue. Some believe that Congress wants to have a vote against a joint resolution before the elections to get on record that they are in favor the rule. This would have to happen by Oct. 31. Although it is not on the calendar yet, some Reps. brought up the issue on Tuesday in open speeches that the rule needs to go forward. Sort of opening the door to put it on the calendar and voted on before they go out of session.