VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non P&t Tdiu Benefit Questions

Rate this question

deviant

Question

Got approved for TDIU back in febuary... thanks guys, great site I contribute alot of what I accomplish to the info on this site, and the fact that once Ive been angered I hang on like a pitbull.

1. Ive got 2 daughters are they eligible for champus healthcare, or any other type of healthcare with this benefit? Because it is surely needed

2. can I get the infamous "tan card" have seen alot of contradictory awnsers on that one

3. And last but not least, the P&T eligibility. So far the only real control I have over things is self induced isolation, some people would think that this is a bad thing but with my mental health issues so far its the only thing that gives me peace of mind and since Ive started it Ive had almost no violent episodes, which Im very proud of. However all the rest of the foulness still haunts me and I dont sleep hardly at all and cant keep any type of schedule and I still freak out when people are watching me, whispering around me or just generally following to close...on foot or even worse in a vehicle, and rarely will I go out in public. Neck and back pain have gone from severe to moderate since tdiu was granted. So should I file for P&T with the description I just gave because my mental health provider would definately back that description up for me? Would I have a real chance of getting it?

I know it sounds crazy to ask questions like these but the varo isnt exactly throwing a benefits info pack at me for plain old TDIU

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

In order for your daughters to be eligible for CHAMPVA and CH 35, you have to be awarded P & T. I think you should talk to your doctor about it and if he writes a statement in your file then you should file for P & T. Let your doctor state in your treatment records that you are not employable and it is most likely not to change. You also get the military tan MWR ID card once you are awarded P & T. You will have to check your state for any benefits like property/auto tax exemption. You can also get a waiver for life insurance. Others may chime in.

Hope this helps.

CHAMPVA= Dependent Health Care

CH35 Dependent Education Assistance (DEA)

Edited by pacmanx1