VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue For Gallbladder & Bile System Surgery

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I actually found the statement of the case from 1975. "Disability evaluations are determined by the application of a schedule of ratings which is based on average impairment of earning capacity (38 USC 355) (38 CFR, Part 4) (1945 Schedule). The evaluation of ten percent for residuals of gallbladder surgery requires a finding that there are symptomatic residuals. (DC 7118).

Decision:

The degree of disablement resulting from the service-connected disability of residuals of gallbladder surgery does not warrant the assignment of a rating in excess of that currently in effect under the rating schedule.

They only talk about gallbladder surgery, like it only left a 4-5 inch scar. I have a scar that is at least 14 inches long and 1 inch wide. Ever threw up bile? I was in the hospital for over a week, and out of work for at least 3-4 months. It was chronic, but at least I was out of the service, if not I would most likely be dead. Is this worth a CUE? I see that the rating for a gallbladder is up to 30 percent.

On a side note, in this case I found out that I had a psychiatric evaluation!! I did? The only person that I saw was a 2 striper that ask if I ever saw my mom naked and would or have I ever made love to her. I never saw a doctor, but he did. I was sent there because I was compalining with my hands burning from Angioedema. Of course, they found only an impression of anxiety. At the time I never knew about PTSD, like most people. BTW, the American Legion was my reps. They were about as useful as the ~ on the keyboard.

Papa

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I actually found the statement of the case from 1975. "Disability evaluations are determined by the application of a schedule of ratings which is based on average impairment of earning capacity (38 USC 355) (38 CFR, Part 4) (1945 Schedule). The evaluation of ten percent for residuals of gallbladder surgery requires a finding that there are symptomatic residuals. (DC 7118).

Decision:

The degree of disablement resulting from the service-connected disability of residuals of gallbladder surgery does not warrant the assignment of a rating in excess of that currently in effect under the rating schedule.

They only talk about gallbladder surgery, like it only left a 4-5 inch scar. I have a scar that is at least 14 inches long and 1 inch wide. Ever threw up bile? I was in the hospital for over a week, and out of work for at least 3-4 months. It was chronic, but at least I was out of the service, if not I would most likely be dead. Is this worth a CUE? I see that the rating for a gallbladder is up to 30 percent.

On a side note, in this case I found out that I had a psychiatric evaluation!! I did? The only person that I saw was a 2 striper that ask if I ever saw my mom naked and would or have I ever made love to her. I never saw a doctor, but he did. I was sent there because I was compalining with my hands burning from Angioedema. Of course, they found only an impression of anxiety. At the time I never knew about PTSD, like most people. BTW, the American Legion was my reps. They were about as useful as the ~ on the keyboard.

Papa

Well, you won't be able to file a "CUE"...........but, what I would file is a request for increase in your disability rating. Your ability to file a "notice of disagreement" is well past the time allotted. I don't know what your psych exam was for, or why, but, if you feel that you are suffering from PTSD, then now is as good a time as there is ever going to be, to file for it.

Get yourself a doctor's opinion as to the severity of your gallbladder residuals and send it in with your request for an increase in your gallbladder percentages.

and, yes, I've "thrown-up" just about everything, including bile (and my bloody toenails!)!:rolleyes:

Scars were not compensable at the time of your rating. You have to compare your rating to what the regulation was at the time. You can file for compensation for your scar (if it is tender/painful).